All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX 2 - HELP - Can't start at all

empireguitar

Firstly, I'd just like to say how much I'm enjoying using GameEx again after a few years absence (I use to ave rgistered vrsion on my MAME cab a few years back before the machine died and I sold it now running it on my current set up, hooked up to my main TV.)

Apologies if this has been solved within a previous post, however I couldn't see a solution for my issue, which is just being able to launch Pinball FX 2 - not worried about being able to launch individual tables directly from GameEx.

Anyway, I have a full setup of Pinball FX 2 with many tables.

The program runs fine when i just click on the "PInball FX 2.exe" but after trying to set it up in Game Ex (Via Custom Configuration) and simply pointing GameEx to the .exe can't get it to work.

When i select PBFX2 start in GameEx, the cknd then returns me back to the GameEx menu.

The log just says this:

12:22:59.8 09/08/2014: Running: cmd.exe /c e: Pinball FX2.exe
12:23:00.0 09/08/2014: Shutting down display

One thing to note, is that I'm not sure if i even need Steam running, as I think the version of PBFX2 i have blocks the need to connect to Steam - (I have purchased all teh tables for my PS3/Vita though).

Any help would be much appreacited, as I'd really like to have GameEx as a permanent, Go-to, set up.

Many thanks in advance.

Have you tried enabling Steam to see if it remedies the issue when attempting to launch Pinball FX2 from within GameEx?

Hi, yeah I tried that and it didn't make any diffence:-( I've even tried the "launch after" and "Launch with" options.

Very frustrating:-(

When I start PBFX2 by just clicking the.exe it just launches straight in to it; no steam screen or message etc. As I said befre, I'm no sure if my version of PBFX even needs steam running.

Can you provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required)? Also, are you running it as an aoolication or from one of the emulator slots? Thanks!

I just want to make it clear first that I am not making any accusations here with what I am about to ask, but need to know before we go much further. Are you running a hacked or otherwise patched version of Pinball FX2? If so, then further discussion will be moot as we do not and will not troubleshoot any issues if that is the case as such discussions go against our forum rules.