All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Rotate Gameex 180 degrees

dalob

Is it possible to rotate Gameex 180 degrees??? My current vid card doesn't allow me to rotate my desktop 180 so I was hoping gameex would do it. I noticed it can rotate +/- 90 degrees, flip Y or be put in cocktail mode, but there is no rotate 180 degrees.

Thanks,

Dalob

OK Fixed it.....

I am running my mame machine on a laptop while I compile my games, and sort out the software in general. My laptop is hooked up to an old monitor, mounted horizontally in a temporary cocktail cabinet that I knocked up. The problem is, when I view the monitor from the control console, I can't see much as the monitor was not designed to be seen from such a low angle. When I view the monitor from the other side of the cabinet, the screen looks fine. Hence the need to rotate the screen permanently....Unfortunately the laptop I have has an onboard Intel graphics card with no rotation option....

Anyway, for those in a similar situation, here is how I fixed it.

Go into your registry, back it up and make the following changes.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318\0001

Display1_EnableIndependentRotation =1
Display1_EnableRotation =1
Display1_IndependantRotation =1
Display2_EnableIndependentRotation =1
Display2_EnableRotation =1
Display2_IndependantRotation =1
I didn't have all of these options available so I just changed the ones I did and it worked a treat. Note, you need to change all instances of these settings...Use the search option to search for Display1 and Display2 and change them all.
This enables the rotate feature of the graphics card and allows you to rotate either the monitor or the laptop screen via the graphics options of the card.
This has worked perfectly for me as I can keep the laptop orientated normally and the MAME cabinet rotated 180 degrees while I debug and sort out my system..
  • Like 1

@Dalop - I am glad you found a workaround for the issue and got things working to your liking. I cam across this program (thanks to RockyRocket in the PinballX forums post here) called Display Changer II. I wonder if this might be a more viable solution as opposed to hacking your Windows registry?

• Like 1

Draco1962

I will have a look at this program and see how it goes. I found a couple of others such as IPivot and IRotate but neither worked until the registry change was applied. From searching the web it appears that Intel locked out the rotate function on certain video cards due to performance issues but the function still exists, you just need to enable it. So far I have not seen any negative effects, machine is running well so it is on to the next evolution of my machine I go......