All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Use specific controller not working?

jester82

Hi guys. Im having a problem with Gameex not using only the selected controller for input. In the input section I have selected my specific controller I want to use. But it acts like I have selected "use all attached input devices"... All controllers still can scroll through the menu and or do the exit combination to exit games. My joystick I want to use is different from the rest so its not like they are all the same controller and its listed specifically as a "Logitech Dual Action" in the control panel.

Thanks guys!

Are you using any controller mapping software, such as Xpadder or the Logitech software? If not, you might want to consider doing so. GameEx has Xpazdder support via Adultery's Xpadder plugin which works really well with Xpadder for situations like this.

If it was "bugged too" then there would be many more posts than yours I would imagine. Usually it is a matter of programming a profile within Xpadder. Did you program the buttons per the instructions on the Xpadder site?

Definitely some odd system behavior here especially being that this seems to be an isolated incident.

If you're using Xpadder I would double check to see that your controller profile matches the navigation keys assigned on the Input Settings screen (and further I would leave those keys as the defaults in order to avoid further confusion).

If you're using controller navigation I would check to see that you've not enabled any of the "specialized" settings (i.e. Keyboard DirectInput, SlikStik/IPAC Support, Cab Control Friendly, etc.).

It might be helpful in detecting anomalies if you post a copy of your GameEx.ini and your log. ;)