All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED]Cannot Create Snaps Even With Feature Enabled

uberpubert69

I cant make any snaps and idk why. The feature IS on and enabled (hide make snaps is off). Could it be because I have a Custom Menu set up? I was able to make snaps earlier at some point so I doubt it, and I haven't manipulated my settings in any way.

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what emulators are you attempting to make snaps for? The reason I ask is that I've found that this feature doesn't work for some emulators. Especially if we're talking about full screen DirectX applications, Create Snaps will likely not be able to effectively capture screen images. Basically if you can press Print Screen while the emulator is running and have it work (when you paste it into an editor like Paint), the Create Snaps feature should work for that emulator. If the Print Screen test doesn't work, then that's a good indicator that Create Snaps will not effectively capture screen images for that emulator.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, what emulators are you attempting to make snaps for? The reason I ask is that I've found that this feature doesn't work for some emulators. Especially if we're talking about full screen DirectX applications, Create Snaps will likely not be able to effectively capture screen images. Basically if you can press Print Screen while the emulator is running and have it work (when you paste it into an editor like Paint), the Create Snaps feature should work for that emulator. If the Print Screen test doesn't work, then that's a good indicator that Create Snaps will not effectively capture screen images for that emulator.

Its actually none of my emulators. I don't even see the option in my list to make them in any of my emulator sections. I have Fraps so its not too big of an issue, it would just make running through games way faster since the closing and opening of the games is all automated. That's why I'm so confused, because I checked every setting in my config and I really don't see whats preventing me from doing what I got to do lol. Maybe I have to turn off the Automatic Artwork Download setting?

This might be dependent on your theme and/or your view settings. The Create Snaps option should appear in the same selection group that allows you to sort games by By Name, By Category, By Developer, By Publisher, By Year, etc.

There is one other anomaly to consider though. If you're browsing an emulator group the Create Snaps option will not appear. So for instance, I have 3 emulator slots in use for Nintendo 64 (Project64, 1964, and Mupen64). Then I've grouped all the games together into a single list using the Emulator Groups feature. Once I've grouped the games for three separate emulators into a single list, the Create Snaps option will no longer appear. It will come back for each individual emulator if I un-group them (but then I have three Nintendo 64 menu items).

• Like 1

This might be dependent on your theme and/or your view settings. The Create Snaps option should appear in the same selection group that allows you to sort games by By Name, By Category, By Developer, By Publisher, By Year, etc.

There is one other anomaly to consider though. If you're browsing an emulator group the Create Snaps option will not appear. So for instance, I have 3 emulator slots in use for Nintendo 64 (Project64, 1964, and Mupen64). Then I've grouped all the games together into a single list using the Emulator Groups feature. Once I've grouped the games for three separate emulators into a single list, the Create Snaps option will no longer appear. It will come back for each individual emulator if I un-group them (but then I have three Nintendo 64 menu items).

Very interesting. Though I only have 2 emulator groups. I have my Gameboy and GameBoy Color ROMs grouped up and my other group is Taito Type X/ArcadePC Games(Which I need help with for a few games, but thats for another thread.). But about the Theme thing, I swear I used the Get Metadata option before because I did it to make my Wii Title Snaps(Not My WiiWare Title Snaps). And if I change Themes with Custom Menus enabled it rapes my eyes lol. Probably have to tick that box to temporarily disable my menu.