All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] S'Galaxy

Another one in that has been simmering on the back burner. I was going to hold out until the Evo release, but will re-release a new version with Evo goodies once I have mastered some of the new features. It is based on the the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and Galaxy S5.

I still have some work to perform on the toolbar and still quite a bit on the logo files. Here is what I have so far.

post-5872-0-59690800-1402265528_thumb.pn

• Like 6

Dangit - first you telepathically beat me to my neon idea and now this! LOL No joke i've been working on a similar but based on the HTC One, creatively dubbed (not) 'HTPC One'. I had to put mine on hold though because of some GE limitations, ie i need the layers that have been rumored for Evo :) The layout of course though is completely different so there may be room for mine yet :P

Looks good though and am eager to see how this one evolves ;)

Dangit - first you telepathically beat me to my neon idea and now this! LOL No joke i've been working on a similar but based on the HTC One, creatively dubbed (not) 'HTPC One'. I had to put mine on hold though because of some GE limitations, ie i need the layers that have been rumored for Evo :) The layout of course though is completely different so there may be room for mine yet :P

Looks good though and am eager to see how this one evolves ;)

Glad I could trump you at something! :P There is always room for more takes on a similar theme. I decided not to wait until Evo just because I don't like to have something simmering for too long. At the time I conceived the idea I was thinking of just a generic Android phone/tablet layout, but then got the S5 and decided to go all out fanboy on the theme. The Android market is diverse. I think your HTC One theme will be welcome! :)

Nice idea so far.... really interested how you achieved the back and exit buttons. I am struggeling here... i tried everything, from v2 to v4 versions, from default to my own converted theme... no way to get them seen in a theme, its like they vanished.... i would like to have them so baaaadly in my own theme, but cant achieve them or select them in the theme-editor. It would be so kind, if anyone could help me on this. its bugging me now for weeks :( . they are VERY important for me... but to no available choice i can get them to work.

it makes me sad and mad, simultaniously.

The buttons are their own entity, and need to be a certain size to appear properly. Your best bet is to use the existing ones as a canvas and overlay your own graphics.

i did that.... believe me. hack, i cant see them in a allready done theme, if i select it. there are gone... not visible. i cant select them in the theme-editor for example. i cant them place left (or anywhere else) like Draco did in this theme for example :unsure: . I would think, you need at least to select them to achieve this, which i simply cant in the theme-editor. If i do this, it just jumps to the last selected item of the theme-editor, somehow like its locked if you know what i mean. there are really some strange bugs, at least for me, involved with the theme-editor. I have no explains for this here or i.e. the listnum field, that is clipped as soon as you move it out of the range of the listfield (it gets invisible/ clipped). i wouldnt say anything, if that would happen only on one machine, but on three different tested setups, its everywhere happen, no matter if i use default themes or my own. maybe its a language OS setup thing or something else, i dont know. its very frustrating, i can assure and my only hope lies on Evolution.

A lot may depend on the coordinates you have assigned to each of the buttons. However, I will ask that you post any issues you are having regarding in the General forum under a separate thread as the purpose of this thread is to announce a user project and not for troubleshooting issues with Theme Editor. Thanks, u-man!

ok, i will open a extra-thread for my troubles, but please come, visit and maybe help me in this issue.

To answer at least DazzleHP and Draco... i tried every possible combo in the setup-wizard. i checked the coordinates more than twice and they are fine. i mean i could change the coordinates only manually in the .ini file, as i cant select them in the theme-editor.

AND to answer the last thing.... i tell you once more... even if i pick a default theme, where you expect that it should work everything like intended.... it doesnt. i am really lost in this.... if i wouldnt be such a bullhead, i would give up a long time ago. but i live with some quirks and try to change my theme accordingly EVERYTIME, sometimes i am even happy with the results and sometimes not.

sry that i hijacked again a thread, but you achieved something, what myself would also like to achieve and i just wanted to know, how you did this Draco... sry and back to topic.

• Like 1

Right now, only the date, time, weather and pop-up descriptions. I may make an alternative version that has the Image2 element show on the phone instead of the pop-up descriptions.

• 2 weeks later...

A minor update, finally had some time to create new tool bar elements in more of the Android style for media controls, window/fullscreen, MCE, Back, and Help buttons on a transparent tool bar across the top.

post-5872-0-02208300-1403218110_thumb.pn

I still have a long way to go with updating the logo files so I may just load it up with the default logos and let the end-user download and install whatever logo packs are available to customize as they wish. I hope to release this one soon after a few more tweaks so some of the other image files.

• Like 2

The theme has been released. You may download it from here. Feel free to kick the tires, take it around the block, and enjoy the ride!

This Version 4 theme is based upon the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.
GIMP .xcf and Adobe Photoshop .psd files provided for the users should they wish to modify the backgrounds of the Tab and S5 images to better suit their systems.
The circle logos can be downloaded from the GameEx forum downloads and each pack has corresponding .xcf and .psd files for modification as well.
*Acknowledgments & Thanks*
As always, thanks to Tom Spiers for creating and always supporting this great HTPC/Cabinet Front End!
Special thanks to my buds Adultery, nullPointer, Headkaze, and KRC for their efforts and to make our community the greatest amongst the retro-gaming FE communities.
Also thanks to the forum members for providing input & encouragement in the development of this theme.
  • Like 2

Thanks! I will probably be tinkering with it for some time on my side, but it is one of my faves thus far. I also need to complete work on the Wreck It Ralph theme and get it out as well. And finish the Mega Docklets logos, and then, and then...