All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] Mame problems

sergio1968

I had the problem of games getting lost from the Mame-List when updating the list in GameEx. It turned out that this was caused by a "|" in the description text of a game in history.dat, resulting in this game (carnevil) being the last game in my list. After changing all "|" in history.dat to ";", all the games came back. But as I have to do this every time I download a new history.dat, this is not a permanent solution. The problem is caused by gamelist.txt using "|" as a separator between data fields, and if any data field contains "|" itself things naturally go wrong. When reading history.dat etc. each "|" should be changed or coded as something else.

Not only are we aware of the issue, DazzleHP has been uploading a clean version of history.dat for our users in the download section each revision. ;)

That will have to do for now, the pipe symbol is a common delimiter and the only real way to fix it imho is do a regex search for it if it's contained inside brackets and change it before GameEx parses the data.

/my 2c

Yeah probably.

Like I said above, I would just do a regex search and replace it with a semi colon or something before GameEx parses the file.

But it's not my baby to fix.. I will make the suggestion to Tom however. ;)

• Like 1