All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx MAME Menu questions

SpyhunterUK

My main problem is, that i cant see them in ANY theme, no matter what Theme I choose, they are simply not there. Do you see them? I mean I see them on the screenshots of a theme, but not actually in GameEx itself :( . It still can be a problem that only me has, as I have quirks with other stuff that seems that only I have. Like the Listnum field which is only visible, if it is IN the range of the List-field etc.

I have installed GameEx on three different machines, and on all of them I have the same problems :( . With all the knowledge i learned from you and the others contributors, i would just like to start from scratch, only to get rid of my problems.... basically i sit here and wait for Evolution coming out ;) in the hope to create stuff like i want it to be.

Hey, this may not be what your looking for but the filtering options like category, year and manufacturer, along with descriptions of the games can be hidden by choosing the blank option at the top of the "database" drop-down box in the emulator setup menu of the wizard. This will work for emulators. I did this to clean space on my screen for the emulator pictures without the filter buttons being in the way. I don't have an extensive collection or need for the filters for emulators anyway, although I did like the descriptions. That's the tradeoff.

Again, not sure if that helps for your exact situation. I may have misunderstood you. Good luck man.

@RIP-Felix: If I'm not mistaken you can get the best of both if you open the theme youre using in Theme Editor and drag that menu bar off the viewable surface of the screen.

Then you get descriptions and no menu bar. ;)

Yea, but wouldn't that be all encompassing? I like the filter options for some emulators with lots of games, but not for others with few enough I can navigate through easily. I think there should be a way to hide just the filter controls without removing the database, or without resorting to theme editing tricks.

Unless you use custom emu layouts, yes it is unfortunately.

Hey, this may not be what your looking for but the filtering options like category, year and manufacturer, along with descriptions of the games can be hidden by choosing the blank option at the top of the "database" drop-down box in the emulator setup menu of the wizard. This will work for emulators. I did this to clean space on my screen for the emulator pictures without the filter buttons being in the way. I don't have an extensive collection or need for the filters for emulators anyway, although I did like the descriptions. That's the tradeoff.

Again, not sure if that helps for your exact situation. I may have misunderstood you. Good luck man.

Thats exactly what I wrote in post# 17 ;) .

@RIP-Felix: If I'm not mistaken you can get the best of both if you open the theme youre using in Theme Editor and drag that menu bar off the viewable surface of the screen. Then you get descriptions and no menu bar. ;)

Thats not what I wanted to try, but I wanted to use the Home and Exit Buttons in form of graphical buttons and not the text versions of them. This way I could get rid of the "normal" menue at all. Hope you can understand what I mean :) . If you look at the screenshot of the Default - Default Theme, there you will see those buttons I mean. My problem is that I cant see them in any theme I load with GameEx :( . Maybe this is only true for very old GameEx versions... I dont know.

wow his has gotten deep :)

I am playing about with the settings and feel a this is a new Arcade Setup for my games room I may wait a bit for Evolution and hope it solves all my problems :)

To be honest, I wouldn't expect "Evo" to be the end all of setup issues/problems such as this. While there may be some improvements and some great features coming along with its release, the setup basics and functionality will probably remain much the same.

• Like 1

sad to hear that.... :(

i really would think about this again.... it would be way better to move this stuff, into the info-section, hence when you choose and click on a game, it should be in the list field or at least seperate and put the back, home, exit buttons first in the row of the menue.

still excited what the new features will be :)