All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Visual Pinball loading screens after launching table

fiery300

Sorry I tried searching the forums but this is a difficult item to search on. I have a 3 screen cabinet build 46/19/28 and as soon as I launch a table in PinballX I get the visual pinball application UI and loading screens in front of my backglass (3rd monitor) then it hides in the background after the table loads.

Is there a way to hide the interface from coming up each time a load a table?

Hi, I just did an install of the Pinballx software and have got the initial setup done. I'm running into the above problem where the VP window is taking focus away from the playfield on table startup. I've moved the vp window to the playfield monitor and it still places the VP window on top on load. I have to click on the playfield to gain focus to the pinball table. I've tried moving it to all the monitors, but same results no matter where the vp window is.

T

Hi, I just did an install of the Pinballx software and have got the initial setup done. I'm running into the above problem where the VP window is taking focus away from the playfield on table startup. I've moved the vp window to the playflesield monitor and it still places the VP window on top on load. I have to click on the playfield to gain focus to the pinball table. I've tried moving it to all the monitors, but same results no matter where the vp window is.

T

Did some testing tonight and found that some tables will load without the VP screen taking focus from the playfield. Looking at the few that work, one uses a uvp backglass and the others are B2S. Static and directB2S tables seem to be the ones that have the issue.

T

• Like 1

Did some testing tonight and found that some tables will load without the VP screen taking focus from the playfield. Looking at the few that work, one uses a uvp backglass and the others are B2S. Static and directB2S tables seem to be the ones that have the issue.

T

Was able to get the focus to the table by setting the pinball.exe to run as administrator. I had to create a shortcut that would execute runas.exe and save the credentials so that I didn't have to repeatedly enter the admin password. Problem now is the audio is missing in pinball x menu and also when playing table. Run pinballx without administrator and the audio is back

Why are you running runas.exe instead of simply right clicking on pinballx.exe, left click properties, and then select Run As Administrator for all users?

I don't want to have to do the run as each time I start pinballx. the runas.exe method takes care of that as well provides the credentials. Same results via either method.

I ended up doing an upgrade of the OS from XP to Win 7 and after that the audio issue and focus problems are gone.

T