All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx keeps saying I need to update

rtkiii

I have it set to check for updates when GameEx 1st launches but a week or so ago I noticed after I did the update and Game Ex re-launches itself the update came back up.

So I thought I might be two updates behind, so I updated again...and it came back. So I updated one more time(3 updates behind?) - alas the update box still comes up. I noticed the file size seemed to be 48MB every single time...so I am guessing it is trying to update the same file everytime and GameEx is just not seeing the new version...maybe. I dunnot I make movies not program :) - LOL

anyone seen this before? I think my cab was offline for maybe a month before this started happening. I never had this issue before with updates.

Thanks,

Rich

I've seen this before when users have more than one install or they install to a custom location or drive. If you are 100% none of those include you then i guess something must have changed on your system. Maybe your AV/firewall/security software decided to start blocking GameEx - i've this seen this happen myself, not with GE thankfully but a few other programs.

Actually I did install a second setup due to some theme troubleshooting I was doing. I will remove that and let you know!

Thanks DAZ

I believe I encountered this problem once before as well and my experience was pretty much exactly as GeorgeT describes. Downloading the installer from gameex.com and re-installing from that solved my issue. At this point I generally always update GameEx in this fashion (i.e. downloading directly from gameex.com).