All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam stay offline and open

VladDracul

Hello guys/girls,

I just purchased a full copy of GameEx and so far it has been amazing. I do have a few questions though, is there a way to have GameEx start my Steam game and NOT close Steam when I exit the game? Also does anyone know of a way to force Steam to start in offline mode automatically through the GameEx launcher?

I saw that if I told GameEx to not automatically sign me in all I had to do was sign in once and I was good to go throughout the play session but I am sure there is a way to make this happen without pulling out a keyboard/mouse and manually logging in once.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I have steam startup on windows boot, so it saves having gameex logging in and logging out every time i wanna play a steam game.

Just like Draco1962 said, if you wanna start steam in Offline mode, it can been enable in the steam app itself.

• Like 1

I have steam startup on windows boot, so it saves having gameex logging in and logging out every time i wanna play a steam game.

Just like Draco1962 said, if you wanna start steam in Offline mode, it can been enable in the steam app itself.

This is my recommended solution as well. Running Steam at start up saves a lot of overhead in terms of the whole login/logout process for every game. Of course I play Steam games fairly regularly so for me it's a no-brainer. Also if you're running in offline mode, it makes sense to run it at start up so you only have to deal with the problem described here at start up rather than for every game.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It is possible to have a seemless integration with Steam (Offline Mode) but it takes a bit of configuring.

Firstly you are correct - you will need to disable automatic login within GameEx, otherwise it will logout each time you exit a game as you've noticed.

The rest is mostly configuring Steam to work properly in Offline Mode with no annoying pop-ups. This takes a surprising amount of effort so bare with me. First thing is to enable automatic login within Steam itself. You do this when you login, just check the box. Secondly you must make sure that you have launched ALL of your installed games at least once in online mode. This is to make sure they each go through the necessary setups of first launches and to update to the latest builds/patches. If you don't do this you will be prompted to go online when launching a first time game.

Ok, still with me? Now comes a bunch of settings in Steam that need to be enabled/disabled to suppress the annoying "you must go online now, i am almighty Steam, i command you as your ruler go online dammit!" popups :P I'll try and quickfire this to preserve your sanity!

Launch Steam go to Steam> Settings.

Account> Make sure "Don't save account credentials on this computer" is unchecked.

Friends> Make sure "Automatically sign in to friends when i start Steam" is unchecked

Interface> Make sure "Start Steam in Big Picture Mode" is unchecked (it can give funky results in certain situations when used with GameEx). Also on the same page make sure "Notify me about additions blahblahblah" is unchecked.

Cloud> Make sure "Enable Steam Cloud sync" is unchecked.

Still here? Good, you have determination! :D Finally you will need to have Steam launch with GameEx so it is ready to go should you launch a Steam game. Launch the GameEx Setup Wizard> Tweaks/Performance. In Launch On Startup dont wait browse to your Steam.exe (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"). At the end of the line add one space then -silent so it will look like this: \Steam.exe -silent This will minimise it to the tray keeping it out of the way.

And after all that - launch Steam and click that Go Offline button! Go on, click it good! :lol:

• Like 3