All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Displaying game list

thewonderer

Hello forum members!

I am working on configuring my setup with my no-intro named romset. I would like to display USA only titles so I entered *USA* in the rom filter field. Also I would like to use the merge sets option to group betas and other versions to condense the rom list further. However, it seems that I can not utilize both effects at once. Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

Welcome to the GameEx forums! Would we be correct in assuming you are referring to MAME? Are you using the integrated MAME support or running it as a separate emulator?

Please submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information.

Hi there and welcome to the forums,

FYI if you use the filter (in the way you have) it will negate merged sets. What merged sets does is group the same rom from multiple regions into one - ie Mario (USA), Mario (EU), Mario (JP), Mario (BETA), Mario (Prototype) etc will become just Mario in your list. Clicking that entry will then open a submenu with all Mario's listed previously. By stating only USA in the filter basically renders "merged sets" useless :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there and welcome to the forums,

FYI if you use the filter (in the way you have) it will negate merged sets. What merged sets does is group the same rom from multiple regions into one - ie Mario (USA), Mario (EU), Mario (JP), Mario (BETA), Mario (Prototype) etc will become just Mario in your list. Clicking that entry will then open a submenu with all Mario's listed previously. By stating only USA in the filter basically renders "merged sets" useless :)

Right, so the issue is that only using the merged sets option would still give me Japanese and European exclusives on the list. I really only want to see US releases. Is there anyway to do this?

Quite a while back, when I was still a bit of a GameEx noob I started a thread asking about the best methods for filtering ROMs by country. Ultimately the conclusion I arrived at was that it was easiest and best to simply remove the games I didn't want. After all if you're not going to play them, is there really a good reason to keep them around? (other than doing so enables you to say, "Hey look at me everyone, I have all teh romz!!"). You can read the whole thread for a full accounting, but ultimately bkenobi offered a great solution that I still use today for the purposes of filtering ROMs by country (or other filter criteria variations thereof).

Good luck man!

• Like 1

ultimately bkenobi offered a great solution that I still use today for the purposes of filtering ROMs by country (or other filter criteria variations thereof).

I did basically the same thing but instead of using the command line i used a little program called Bulk Rename Utility. Desipite it's name it is actually great for mass moving or deleting of files using filters. It comes in handy for all sorts of reasons so i always keep a copy :)