All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2

leegethas

I managed to get Pinball FX2 to work with PinballX. However, there are still a few issues.

My cabinet is not hooked to the internet. So, everytime I start Pinball FX2 from PinballX, I get this annoying pop-up notification from Steam, informing me there is no internet and offering me the option to start Steam in offline mode. Is there any way to get rid of this pop-up and always start Steam in offline mode?

When I exit Pinball FX2, PinballX is still running, but minimized in the taskbar. How so I get is to pop to the foreground, after Pinball FX2 exits?

Thanks! :)

Hahaha you are in the wrong hobby......this is a hobby where constant tweaking is the norm.

Did you try posting your first question on the PBFX2 Steam forums? Regardless of whether your using PBX or not, you would still have the same issue.

Z

Ah, you misunderstood me. I don't mind tinkering, I actually like it! But it has to make sense. And in this case, Steam should just have a simple option to disable this pop-up. But obviously it doesn't have it, because Steam is just playing mindgames. With this pop-up coming up every time, it manipulates the user the enable the online-mode, whenever possible and discourages the use of offline-mode.

That's why I hate to use solutions like AHK in this case. Because it should not be necessary in the first place.

It's funny how legal solution always stick it to the user. I bet I could download a hacked non-steam version and it would work just fine.

• Like 1

You would rather download a cracked PBFX2 Version than adding 2 lines to the script ? :blink:

Those things like the popup are annoying, but that is definately exaggerated.

If you don´t want the popup add the lines or buy an $10 WLAN Dongle to get your cab online. The Win8 Version (App-Store) has no offline mode at all, so don get mad because of the window. I´d rather close a window than being forced to insert a CD/DVD.

If you can´t live with that you definately have to switch to consoles, we live in 2014 where almost everyone is online

• Like 1

My cab is online all the time with no virus engine or firewall running Win7. Steam is safe, this site is safe, ipdb, vpf, vpu, and a few more sites I visit on a daily bases to install updates to tables and frontend media ... all safe. PinballX is now logging in for extra features and more to come from what I understand.

Why is there such a phobia of the internet leegethas? If you are behind a router you have a firewall and unless you visit sites that are shady or torrent from your cab there is really no reason to not be online. PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE all need to be online to do anything useful so I guess I don't get it. $10 usb wifi adapter is the answer to all your issues here for this post, and you just unplug it when you are not playing it and all is well again. I don't leave my cabinet on when I am not playing or planning on playing it so it is not online when it is off.

• Like 1

Why is there such a phobia of the internet leegethas?

It's not really a phobia. Pretty much anything in my home is somehow connected to the internet. Internet rules! I <3 internet. I can't wait to get my 200/200 fiber connection (somewhere in September, I hope). Money or knowhow isn't an issue either. In fact, I have a USB-WiFi-adapter laying in a deskdrawer for some time now. I could easily put that in my cabinet and be done with it. But since my cabinet runs XP, I'm not really fond of letting that thing anywhere near the internet.

When building my cabinet I had to choose the OS. I chose XP, because (according to several forum posts) VP would run better on XP. It would also be more lightweigh and leave more performance for VP. When making this choice, I also decided that I would keep my cabinet offline, for obvious reasons.

But the prime reason is that it just bugs the hell out of me that they're pressuring me to get this thing online.

Agreed, as I hate to be forced into doing anything also. I remember when Steam was first rolled out and people laughed at it saying it would never make it .... lol