All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Question about splitting monitor

Krakerman

Is it possible to rotate a monitor for example 1080x1920 and split the screen into 2 sections to have the top half display the backglass and the bottom display the dmd. If so what do you recommend for the software to split the monitor into 2 seperate displays/grid.

Is it possible to select where you can split the monitor location at? This way I can have 1 monitor for just the backglass and DMD instead of a 3 monitor setup.

Thanks

Not sure about splitting it through PinballX, but I know that DisplayFusion supports split virtual monitors. If you physically rotate the monitor you are half-way there. Have you tried tinkering with the DF split monitors yet?

Is it possible to rotate a monitor for example 1080x1920 and split the screen into 2 sections to have the top half display the backglass and the bottom display the dmd. If so what do you recommend for the software to split the monitor into 2 seperate displays/grid.

Is it possible to select where you can split the monitor location at? This way I can have 1 monitor for just the backglass and DMD instead of a 3 monitor setup.

Thanks

I think the db2s Backglasses of VP could manage that (Enter the desired resolution in screenres file). You can drag the DMD in position (well, I think you knew that ;-) ).

If you rotate the Monitor in Windows settings this should work - hopefully....

What you are trying to do is supported already. There are plenty of 2 monitor virtual pinball cab setups.

The backglasses are usually designed for both 2 monitor or 3 monitor setups. The 2 monitor version has space for the dmd image and has virtual speakers to fill in the area like this:

2011-01-11(28).jpg

Not exactly as I am already doing that but I have a monitor that can rotate so it's basically 1080x1920 however the backglass will stretch and look funny so I only want the top section of the monitor to be the backglass and the bottom half could be the dmd so essentially it could almost look like you have 3 monitors. I don't want the backglass all stretched if you get my drift.

Unless of course I could change the B2S Setup settings to a different dimension. Hmmmm don't know why I didn't think of that. Guess I'll try it that way and see what happens.