All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

mouse cursor

Krakerman

When I exit PinballX it changes my Desktop cursor to small when I had it set to Extra Large? Just the pointer the hand still is the Extra Large set. Very strange.

Also when I goto Personlize and try to change the mouse pointer I get an error that says:

The D:\PinballX\BlackDot.cur file which contains the 'Link Select' cursor is either missing or corupt.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am having the exact same problem and I am using windows 7 Pro. I'll see if I can get a hold of a log file. I put it in my cabinet but I haven't connected to LAN with it. I'll see if I can manage to squeeze in a usb stick later on if it's needed..

Basically every table that loads is getting the cursor on top left corner of the backglass. Everything else is fine, no cursor visible when I am in pinballx. I connected a mouse to drag it over to the playfield and the cursor vanishes. The only problem is that it doesn't save the cursors position. I assume that is the point from pinballx' side. I did try to open tables with backglass directly through visual pinball and the cursor was not there when they game was ready loaded so I assume it has something to do with pinballx loading the tables?

Hi, I am having the exact same problem and I am using windows 7 Pro. I'll see if I can get a hold of a log file. I put it in my cabinet but I haven't connected to LAN with it. I'll see if I can manage to squeeze in a usb stick later on if it's needed..

Basically every table that loads is getting the cursor on top left corner of the backglass. Everything else is fine, no cursor visible when I am in pinballx. I connected a mouse to drag it over to the playfield and the cursor vanishes. The only problem is that it doesn't save the cursors position. I assume that is the point from pinballx' side. I did try to open tables with backglass directly through visual pinball and the cursor was not there when they game was ready loaded so I assume it has something to do with pinballx loading the tables?

Yes, please provide a copy of your log file, especially if you are getting an error message. if it is an external (OS generated) error please include that in your reply as well. Thanks!

Yes, please provide a copy of your log file, especially if you are getting an error message. if it is an external (OS generated) error please include that in your reply as well. Thanks!

Im sorry i was a bit quick. I have the exact same problem as described in post #2... I still don't understand why it happens as it's only when loading a table through pinballx.

Here is my pinballx.ini

[Display]Monitor=0Rotate=270Windowed=FalseWindowWidth=480WindowHeight=720WindowX=0WindowY=65PlayFieldBrightness=230WheelTextColor=ffffffffWheelTextOutlineColor=ff000000InfoTextColor=ffffffffInfoTextOutlineColor=ff000000FilterTextColor=ffffffffFilterTextOutlineColor=ff000000MenuColor=ffffa500[BackGlass]monitor=1x=0y=0width=1024height=925[DMD]Enabled=Falsemonitor=2x=0y=0width=900height=300[FileSystem]EnableFileMatching=True[Interface]DesktopModeEnabled=FalseEnableAdditionalDetail=TrueShowSystem=TrueShowRatings=True[Audio]StreamVolume=90SampleVolume=90PlaySoundInVideos=True[Startup]playsound=Trueplayvideo=FalseStartWithWindows=Yes[KeyCodes]quit=27left=160right=161select=49rotate=82pageleft=33pageright=34exitemulator=27ingame=80screenshot=83screenshotbackglass=66instructions=73[JoyCodes]quit=10left=0right=1select=2rotate=3pageleft=4pageright=5exitemulator=6ingame=13instructions=14[Text]Line1=Free PlayLine2=Press Start[FuturePinball]Enabled=FalseWorkingPath=h:\-PINBALL-\-FUTURE PINBALL-TablePath=h:\-PINBALL-\-FUTURE PINBALL-\TablesExecutable=schtasks.exeParameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderenderLaunchBeforeEnabled=falseLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=LaunchBeforeExecutable=notepad.exeLaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=TrueLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exeLaunchAfterHideWindow=FalseLaunchAfterWaitForExit=TrueMouseClickFocus=True[VisualPinball]Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual PinballTablePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\TablesExecutable=VPinball915.exeParameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"LaunchBeforeEnabled=falseLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=LaunchBeforeExecutable=notepad.exeLaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=TrueLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exeLaunchAfterHideWindow=FalseLaunchAfterWaitForExit=TrueNVRAMPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\nvram[ExitScreen]Enabled=TrueEnableExit=TrueEnableShutdown=True[StartupProgram]Enabled=falseWorkingPath=Executable=notepad.exeParamaters=HideWindow=trueWaitForExit=false[ExitProgram]Enabled=falseWorkingPath=Executable=notepad.exeParamaters=HideWindow=FalseWaitForExit=[AttractMode]Enabled=TrueTimer=1ShowFor=15[System_1]Name=Pinball FX2Enabled=FalseWorkingPath=C:\SteamTablePath=C:\Steam\TablesExecutable=PinballFX.exeParameters=[System_2]Name=MAMEEnabled=FalseWorkingPath=C:\- EMULATORS -\- MAME -TablePath=C:\Executable=mamep64.exeParameters=[TABLEFILE][AutoExit]Enabled=FalseMinutes=10[Internal]lastselected=Elvis (2004)Elvis_B2SVisualPinballfilter_year=filter_company=filter_custom=filtername=Tables[SetupWizard]EmuPath1=C:\EmulatorsAssetPath1=C:\AssetsRomPath1=C:\RomsDefaultPathPrompt=TrueDownloadDatabasePrompt=TrueDownloadEmulatorPrompt=TrueWizardMode=1CustomArray=SearchArray=SavePosition=FalseSectionIndex=11SearchText=EmulatorIndex=0EmulatorGroupIndex=0DaphneIndex=0HTMLAppsIndex=0ExternalAppsIndex=0RadioStationsIndex=0NewsFeedsIndex=0MappedDrivesIndex=0SystemIndex=0ShowPanel=TrueFontSize=1WindowState=0WindowSize=650,478WindowLocation=489,421

Here is my log.txt

10:31:44.7  01.02.2014:  PinballX - Version 1.7210:31:44.7  01.02.2014:  Loading Settings10:31:44.7  01.02.2014:  Initialize Component10:31:44.9  01.02.2014:  Initialize Display10:31:45.0  01.02.2014:  Loading PlugIns10:31:45.3  01.02.2014:  Created DirectX BackGlass Window10:31:45.4  01.02.2014:  Hiding Cursor10:31:45.4  01.02.2014:  Hiding Taskbar10:31:48.5  01.02.2014:  Load Game List10:31:48.5  01.02.2014:  Loading Database: Visual Pinball10:31:48.6  01.02.2014:  Finding and matching artwork and videos10:31:48.7  01.02.2014:  Loading Game Statistics and Scores10:31:49.2  01.02.2014:  Initialize Audio10:31:49.2  01.02.2014:  Set Keyboard Controls10:31:49.2  01.02.2014:  Initialize Joystick10:31:49.2  01.02.2014:  No Joysticks Attached10:31:49.2  01.02.2014:  Started10:34:39.5  01.02.2014:  Launch System10:34:39.5  01.02.2014:  Waiting for threads10:34:39.5  01.02.2014:  Disposing display10:34:41.5  01.02.2014:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinball915.exe /play -"C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables\Elvis_B2S.vpt"10:34:41.5  01.02.2014:  C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe 10:34:47.2  01.02.2014:  Found PinMAME ROM: elvis.nv10:34:49.8  01.02.2014:  Exit System Control Pressed10:34:53.4  01.02.2014:  Created DirectX BackGlass Window10:34:57.8  01.02.2014:  Exiting10:34:58.0  01.02.2014:  Showing Taskbar10:34:58.0  01.02.2014:  Unhiding Mouse Cursor10:34:58.0  01.02.2014:  Disposing Plugins10:34:58.0  01.02.2014:  Saving Settings

hmmm now I'm not so sure what was the cause. I thought I was having some driver issues due to other things as well not related to PinballX but I decided to give Win 8.1 Pro a go again and now it's working fine. Go figure .... :rolleyes:

Ok I figured out why the mouse pointer shows up!

I had my monitors setup as: 2 1 3 then the mouse pointer shows up on the backglass

and when I moved it to: 2 1 where monitor 3 is above 1 then the mouse cursor disappears.

*Note: Monitor 2 is my HDTV

Monitor 3 is my Backglass

Monitor 1 is my table display

Maybe it has something to do with nVidia drivers.

Well the only bad thing with that setup thou is the DMD will not save it's position on the backglass. However when I reverted it back to my original display arrangement (2 1 3) the mouse cursor no longer shows. Very strange it seems to have corrected it for now. Must be kinda random or something not sure what is the cause of it.

I only use 2 monitors, backglass and playfield. I tried changing the cursor wondering if I should set the cursor to a blank image as a quick fix but it seems that windows does not manage to save the settings, showing the regular cursor whenever I reboot.

I am going to try and just switch the monitors (and back again) when I get home from work and see if it works like you suggest. Thank you so far, Krakerman:)

oh oh fixed the mouse issue but when I went to shut down pinballx it closed but the backglass still shows and music keeps playing and pinballx says not responding. wierd thing was when I exited the table and went back to pinballx it moved my display to my other monitor.

The second time it worked correctly but still when I try to exit PinballX back to the desktop the backglass still there and wont shutdown properly it is not responding. I have to goto the task manager and shutdown pinballx manually that way.

I reverted back to 1.73 and it works fine when shutting down pinballx

That versions just for testing. There is some code in there that will do what you describe. Its my current dev version which I am working on loading testing for GameEx online. Its trying to upload 400,000 games to gameex online. The mouse issue is fixed for the next official release anyhow. Thanks for testing.

What I am trying to say is the version you just gave me tonight the mouse pointer issue is fixed but it is not shutting down when you try to exit back to desktop it just hangs. You have to go into Win8 task manager to close it.

Your Test version 1.73 works just fine with the exception of the mouse pointer issue.

I can try this when I get home from work.
Just as an update to Krakermans quickfix pre test version 1.73:

I have the opposite monitor set up as him. Using two monitors and having them set as 1-2 - 1 being playfield and 2 being backglass/DMD. I swapped the monitors in windows to being 2-1 which fixed the cursor issue I think. The cursor started at monitor 1 (playfield) however I can not for the love of God remember if the cursor was visible (I instiantly touched the mouse to check where it was). However while it fixed the issue all my DMDs were gone and could not be located. I then reverted the changes back to 1-2 setup making the DMD come back but the cursors was back on the backglass, so it seems this issue is being reproduced in different ways and on different terms(?).

I also use version 1.72. I'll update it like I said. Is it only to run the install file and previous settings will still be intact?