All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex Hyperspin support?

Beaps73

Here is one I wanted to throw out there. I love Gameex for its mature and clean frontend, gamebase support and ease of setting consoles etc, but I love HS for its MAME Wheel. Would it be possible to setup HS within Gamex and when you select Mame it loads Hyperspin?

I guess you could set it up as an External application but it would not have the support you mention that makes GameEx what it is. Not to mention there may be a performance hit when running HS via GameEx that could make it run like crap, and the tons of work you'd have to do to get it up and running just for MAME and the wheel. Doesn't seem worth it to me in the long run.

Just be patient and evolve with us instead. :-)

The thing I've always loved about GE over HS is that it's cake to setup and get things running. Setting up HS the first time was a headache (Although I hear it's gotten much easier over the past year) with having to locate all the correct .xml files, .ahk scripts, modules, blah, blah, blah... Hopefully when we "Evolve" GE will retain it's simple user interface, configuration wizard and the other key elements that make it "stand out" over the competition. I'm really looking forward to the "Evolution" and curious to see just how GE can be better then it already is :)

• Like 1

ive spent countless hours trying to install and set up hyperspin. It took massive amount of researching and forum searching to get it half running.. When i found out about gameex, my first response was.. "where the EFF has this front end been all my life"? Gameex changed the game completely for me and i cant wait to see future products.

Yeah, like the others, forget about HS, it takes so long to setup and that's if you manage to get it setup in the first place. i had countless problems with HS with setting up and all that and i got very little help from or support from the guys over there. I never did manage to get it working right and i spent about 2 month trying to.

Then i found, Gameex and it was so easy and simply to get up and running, i have everything done setup and working within a week, plus from what i have seen, Gameex has evolved and expanded a lot better then HS has.

Plus to support you get from this community is so much better, its unreal.

Yeah I like to think we have a nice little community here. If it wasn't for all of you who come for the front end and stay to share their experiences, we wouldn't be such a great place to start with.

Thanks to all of you from all of us on the development team, you make GameEx the great piece of software that it is. :-)