All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

problem gameex and clones of my roms

lion73

Hi i have update new version of Gameex + mame uifx32 + catlist.ini (i use a 32 bits windows xp)

problem is when i use "custom folder" with : catlist .in, deluxe32.ini, cat32....i don't know why i have all the clones on my menu or sub-menu

of course i had choose "i don't want clone" on gammeex mame set-up menu.

i use also : "only existing rom"

i have try to change differente other mame instead of mameuifx...same thing!

i have try to use clearmamepro to make a unique list of my roms without clones...same thing!

so i thing the problem is the cat, genre, deluxe ou catver.ini....but before it was ok with the sames!.?

i didn"t have the case before! any solution?

When making any changes to your MAME setup you need to update your game list afterwards. To do this go into MAME within GameEX, scroll to bottom and Update List should be there.

If you don't see Update List anywhere then make sure it is not disabled In the Setup Wizard - go to Enable/Disable Features and make sure Hide Update List = no, reload GameEx and try again :)

This may have something to do with the way your ROM set is configured (split, merged, or split-merged). Try turning on Verify ROMs in your settings and update your list in GameEx again.

Having said that, I'm also a bit concerned about your emulator itself. ClrMamePro (pretty much) uses the same method of determining clones as GameEx does, which is to say that it uses the MAME executable itself to generate and examine information about the ROM set. If ClrMamePro can't make that happen, and GameEx can't make that happen, there may be an issue with the emulator itself in terms of being able to generate information about the set. Does the version of your ROM set match your version of MAME?

As i thought, it was not the problem about the difference of the version of the set and mame....

Anyway i've made all at 0151, and same thing! (roms, mameuifx32, cat32, deluxe32...)

i think the problem is catver and catlist

if i put only catver.ini (version0151 of course) in the line of catver.ini of gameex=> i have no clones! (but no subcategory like vertical fire...)

if i put catlist folder (with only catlist.ini) or cat 32 folder, or deluxe 32 (with all the ini.files) in "custom line folder" of Gaamex => all the clones appear

any idea at the end?