All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Blue MSX config

Beaps73

Hi All,

I am trying to setup MSX in GX. I tried using this command, mentioned in another thread but it doesn't work.

blueMSX.exe /fullscreen /diskA "[ROMFILE]"

I can see in the emulator that the disk is in the drive but the emulator doesn't start or autostart

any ideas

My command-line is:

blueMSX.exe /machine "MSX" /fullscreen /rom1 "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Perhaps telling it the machine will cause it to boot. It's been a while since I configured it. I did check though, and I don't have any other commands (like Also Launch, Launch Before, etc) so that's all it takes to make it run on my system. There might be a setting in the emulator you'll have to switch on. Look for something like "Start emulation after inserting disk" or something like that.

• Like 1

Please post your emulator config and we can take a look. It would also be helpful to test your config using runitgame.bat. Please refer to the help thread for further details. Among other things I would guess that you need to add the [ROMPATH] parameter to the command you previously posted. Also what is the file extension of the ROMs you are attempting to run?

I would think that the command line that Han posted is the correct one for my particular use-case scenario, but anything I run through blueMSX has a .rom extension (and is also zipped). So assuming everything else is correct in the command you previously posted, I would guess at the very least that you'd want to include the [ROMPATH] parameter. Otherwise it's going to try and find ROMs in whatever directory it happens to be in at the time (probably the same directory as your emulator). So assuming everything else is right, you'd want it to look like this:

blueMSX.exe /fullscreen /diskA "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Posting the previously requested information would be helpful in determining if there are any other remaining issues with your config. Following the steps delineated here in step 4b. is also immensely helpful while troubleshooting problematic emulators:

4. "Run Last Game",or "RunitGame.bat"

It is important that the last emulator run in GameEx is the one that you are having problems with!

A. Post your "Run Last Game"
or "Runitgame.bat"

Every once in awhile, someone will ask to post the contents of "Runitgame.bat" RunitGame.bat, Is the batch file that GameEx uses to start the emulator, it will show the actual command lines that GameEx is using to start the emulator. To view it, Go to: Start Menu > Program Files > GameEx > Utilities> Run Last Game, and Right click on the icon, and choose "Edit". If Windows wants to know what program to use to open the file, Choose "Select a Program From a List of Installed Programs" Choose "Notepad" from the list. (You may want to make sure that "Use This Program Everytime" is checked.)

Copy and paste the text from Notepad into your next post, by using the keys:
Ctrl + "A" (select all)
Ctrl + "C" (copy)
Ctrl + "V" (paste)

B. Troubleshooting with "Run Last Game"

Follow the instructions above to open "runitgame.bat" It will look something like this, however, the contents will vary depending on the last emulator that was run in GameEx.

@ECHO OFFC:CD "C:\Program Files\Mame0127"mame.exe 005 -rompath "D:\Mame 0.128 roms"
One way to troubleshoot a problem is to add the word "Pause" at the end of the Runitgame.bat file. When Windows asks "Do you want to save the changes..." Click on "Save". Next, double click on the "Run Last Game" Icon in the Start Menu. This will send the commands again, but the command window will remain open. It may show an error that will help you to understand what is wrong.

If you get this error:
'Emulator name.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
It means that either you have the incorrect name specified for your Emulator.exe, or your working path is incorrect.

If it gives an error that you don't understand, please let us know that you tried this method, and let us know what the error is.

To add to nullPointer's request for the emulator config, etc., please ensure that you have the emulator configured and properly working outside of Gameex first.

If you have done so, be sure to let us know so we don't have to ask or assume that has been done only to find that all the troubleshooting we have been doing was for naught as a result. Thank you.