All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Missing Rom/Game Details Listing Page?

rtkiii

I seriously have no idea how to title this :)

Something is off on my home cabinet vs my work PC.

If I go through the menus in GameEx I find that I am missing the last page before you launch the rom.

Work PC

GameEx launches, main screen loads with Mame listing menu. I go through the menus to where I get to the full ROMs listed on my PC. I click on a game and another menu loads with game info, launch option, add to favs, etc...this is normal.

Home PC/Cabinet

I go through the same process but when it gets to the full game listing the backgrounds disappear but all GameEx menu boxes are there. So the main list is there with all the ROMs and in the image1/2 spots the bezel shows and maybe a screen shot. BUT if I click on the game here it launches. I do use Custom Menus on this PC but the menus I created seem to be pointing to the right place and to my knowledge this did work before even with my custom menus.

Any ideas as this issue carries over to all themes I use now. And it did not do it before. I'm sure I checked/unchecked something in the gameex stup wizard or maybe my custom menu has changed...just hoping know swhat the hell I am talking about :)

Thanks again,

Resident Noob

Rich

It might be the way you have it sorted. Are you loading up GameEx and being presented immediately with the Game List? I think that bypasses all the extra menus. I think this feature is called "Fix to emulator" in the Enable/Disable Features tab. Also, make sure you have enabled "Enabled MAME Info and History" in the Mame Settings tab (under the Advanced area).

the enable show game info did help with the missing data! BUT it did not help with the missing background. Did some looking around ond found a couple other emulators like nes and mame127 I had were having the same issue but snes and genesis were fine.

background snap location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setting in the individual emulator and mame setup.

I must have added those when I was setting up file locations and junk not realizing what it meant. I do now...SOLVED!!!!

WOW!

Thanks guys!

• Like 1