All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game Launcher/Individual per-game settings for pcsx-r?

stigzler

Done a 60 minute search - can't find anything on this.

Scenarios - having to use pcsx-r for PSX lightgun games (can't get it working in epsxe). This with NUvee plugin works great, but is there any way to save plugins/configurations/settings on per game basis?

For each lightgun game have to go into settings inNuvee plugin and choose the particular game. Obviously don't want to do this each time a i run a game from GE!

I use PS2Lunch for PS2- this does all this in one fell swoop - save global/plugin settings on per game basis.

Any of you guys have any work arounds?

Thanks

Sorry stigzler, pcsx-r stores plugin (i.e. video, audio, controller) settings in the registry. That means that there's essentially no such thing as "per-game" settings, only universal settings. It wouldn't even help if you had multiple running instances of pcsx-r since they would all use the exact same registry settings. It's one reason why I think it's terrible design for emulators to utilize registry settings for this sort of thing. Yuck.

There may be a loader out there that would enable you to change settings on the fly though. ePSXe (which also stores settings in the registry) has one in the form of the venerable ePSXecutor. I'm not aware if such a thing exists for pcsx-r, but it's possible. Having said that, I've always been extremely satisfied with ePSXecutor.

Thanks Tempest, but think the settings i need to change are beyond the normal switches (settings within plugins)

Yuck indeed, nullP. That does sound pants. Never straight forward is it? I admire these teams that develop emulators and how much work they put in, but it just feels sometimes like really obvious things are overlooked. Especially when they are included in other emulators

So, I'm in a twix. Can't find a loader anywhere for pcsx, but need pcsx to play lightgun games, as can't find a way to get epsxe working with these games! I would be happy sticking with epsxe IF it could accommodate lightgun games!

< Harrummph

I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to learn coding. I'm getting too old for this sh...

What exactly needs to happen? A registry key needs to be changed before the exe launches? If it's not crazy impossible I might be able to whip something up.

What exactly needs to happen? A registry key needs to be changed before the exe launches? If it's not crazy impossible I might be able to whip something up.

Yes I think that's basically it. If you could save each individual games settings as a registry key and launch it on the fly along side (or more likely before) the game itself I think that would probably do the trick. I believe that's essentially the way that ePSXecutor does it too (but for ePSXe).

:o whoa that's brilliant Adultery... and I bet that would be a popular bit of coding helping people out - having searched google - can't find this anywhere!

I'll post some stuff when get home tonight - basically, the ability to change the global settings (fullscreen start etc), what plugins and bios to use and the individual plugin settings for each game (e.g. change graphics plugin settings for each game or in my case, change the settings of the Nuvee plugin for lightguns) - I dunno which settings are or aren't stored in the Reg.

Thanks A - you're a genuine star!