All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

I have a new idea for what controllers to display on each game theme. So for each game theme ... the controller that is displayed will be the controller that the game supports. So if the game supports a keypad then a keypad will be shown ect ect.

• Like 2

Some of these games can have multiple themes such in case as Space Invaders as there were several box and cart labels. The possibilities are endless really just a matter of your preferences of how you would like your system setup and displayed. I like having all the different box art just for the nostalgic/collectors sake.

Here is an example of the various Space Invaders themes. :)

In case you guys were wondering if you have to do some strange things to set this up to get working. Amazingly the answer to that is NO all you need to do is setup your title folder to point to where you have these game themes saved at and that's all. :D

They all look outstanding. Are you using emumovies.com artwork for titles, etc.? Or should I be downloading artwork from another source to mirror these when downloaded after update?

Here is the STEAM, GOG.com and SHMUPS themes. Unzip to your GameEx folder. ;)

I am not doing anymore themes for awhile as I have alot of Atari 2600 themes to do matter of fact in the neighborhood of 500+ so this will be the last one for awhile ... enjoy!

I love the theme as I said before however I have a question/concern:

With the way you're going to have the theme change on a per cartridge basis is there going to have to be a set naming convention? Is it based on what the names are in YOUR ROM list? For example you may have "3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (Atari)" where I may have "3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (1980) (Atari)".

Just wondering if I'll have to go through and do a lot of matching up to make this work as awesomely (that even a word?) as this looks! :)

Yes you would have to rename them to match your roms. This may all change by the time EVO comes out ... I just don't know the list of features EVO will have or what I will be able to do with it.

• Like 1

I really like all the options you're working on. Nothing is better than a large amount of bells and whistles. If people want the Atari game specific themes, they can do that. If they want the main Atari theme, they can go that route. Keep up the awesome work. I cannot wait until you tackle Nintendo NES specific rom backgrounds! HAA.

I would .... however these type of themes are nowhere near complete and it will not work or look correct unless I have a theme for every game done. The only way to be able to release any packs is to create a custom map file and only display the game themes that are complete so then it would display correctly but then you would be missing all your other games until a theme is made.

To be honest I might be better off waiting to see what GameEx Evolution features are. Because there might be a better and faster way of do this using the new theme format. I just don't know what GE Evo can do so I might just wait like everyone else for about another month and see what happens. Hopefully soon we can see a video or a list of features so we know what to expect.

Right now I'm in the dark as far as what kinda themes I'll be able to make. I'm pretty sure thou Tom mentioned that upon release the GameEx themes will not be compatable with EVO so I'll probably have to start all over again unless I'm wrong about that.

I'm working on a new revision of the original 2600 theme. It doesn't have the bell and whistles as my latest work but it will be an improvement which I think you'll like. I should have something up by tomorrow night. ;)

• Like 1

Understand. Instead of making the 2600 screens. how bout doing some more system themes. Some of us may want to stay with the old Gameex in some of our setups. Having more system themes would add to the enjoyment of a already fantastic theme. I still have a lot of systems I use that are in need of your special touch.

I was planning on it ... gotta do something with my time until EVO arrives. :)

The 2600 themes would of been nice but yeah I decided to scrap it. Might bring it back if EVO has better support for individual game themes as it stands GameEx is just too limited when creating individual game themes. They did look nice thou. ;)