All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

Can you dump the competition file into a .zip? I am very picky sorry! I don't want to download a .rar program at work and .zip's are easier for me at work. No worries if you can't. I have a .rar at home.

Here is the start of my GOG.com theme. Kinda basic currently but it's a start.

This is great Krak. I really like how you incorporated the GOG "game library shelves" into the screen layout. Really cool! Any chance you've got a Steam layout in the works now that your diving into PC gaming layouts?

Looking good on all the updates. I have a somewhat odd question. Do you know if there is a MB size limit or threshold for gameex in regards to the size of the theme backgrounds? I have been having an issue where the hiscore competition theme background doesn't show up all the time and it reverts back to the startbak screen as the backdrop for the games. I've had the same issue with the Atari 2600 theme background. I did a little bit of adjusting to the hiscore comp theme for my buddies setup. I don't believe it added that much more in regards to MB size, but I have made no changes to the Atari 2600 theme and it's doing the same thing. All I did in the hiscore one, was add a picture, initials and name. I've attached a preview of it. I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered this or if I need to explore my gameex log and config.

Thanks.

post-9407-0-27049800-1400254481_thumb.pn

Looking good on all the updates. I have a somewhat odd question. Do you know if there is a MB size limit or threshold for gameex in regards to the size of the theme backgrounds? I have been having an issue where the hiscore competition theme background doesn't show up all the time and it reverts back to the startbak screen as the backdrop for the games. I've had the same issue with the Atari 2600 theme background. I did a little bit of adjusting to the hiscore comp theme for my buddies setup. I don't believe it added that much more in regards to MB size, but I have made no changes to the Atari 2600 theme and it's doing the same thing. All I did in the hiscore one, was add a picture, initials and name. I've attached a preview of it. I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered this or if I need to explore my gameex log and config.

Thanks.

As far as I know, this is a known issue within GameEx itself. I've had this problem with other themes and have made a few threads about it with no real answer as to why it happens. It doesn't happen every time, just in rare instances.

Example:

My Nintendo 64 emulator in GameEx is named Nintendo 64 so the theme filename is Theme_Background_Nintendo 64 and Theme_Background_Nintendo 64_Foreground.

Your system might have it named as Nintendo N64 so you would have to change the theme name to Theme_Background_Nintendo N64 and Theme_Background_Nintendo N64_Foregorund.

Same for the goes for the _scroller and the cfg setting for that theme you would need to change their names as well. Just look at the names in my theme and it should give you an idea of how the naming works for each system. Just change it to what you have them setup on yours and it will work just fine.

Naming of systems is really up to each person some people prefer it another way than others so for you ... you just need to change the names to match whatever you have each emulator setup as on your system. Custom Menus don't affect how it will work just as long as you point them to the correct emulators and logos.

Hope that helps.

Yes and no.. but this may be another issue. I did as advised above, renaming from Nintendo 64 to Nintendo N64 as that's what mine is setup as:

post-5325-0-36148000-1400311584_thumb.pn

So this is my Emulator selection screen:

post-5325-0-06153400-1400311655_thumb.pn

And this is the game list screen after selecting the emulator:

post-5325-0-23357400-1400311718_thumb.pn

So the foreground elements are there but not the background. But now that I've just checked, it is the same for my mame & daphne games (although they correctly have a logo and video preview whereas Nintendo N64 has nothing).

Any ideas?

Post your GameEx config and I'll look at it.

Cheers

GameEx.ini

In case it's relevant this machine is on Windows XP SP3 (3.5GB RAM).

I may be wrong but it looks like the background is flashing really quickly before being replaced. Is this just a background snap setting? My setup wizard doesn't show that being enabled.

Ok, you're having a similar problem to one I was having awhile back. There are a few things you need to check. In the emulator settings, look for the background path. It should be in a similar location to the snap, boxes, etc. artwork. Just remove that file path. If you are using krak's theme background or intend to use it, then you don't need the backgrounds. If that doesn't work, try looking in the advanced emulator setup for the location to set a custom background. Make sure you don't have a file path listed in that section, as that will override the theme background.

My easiest suggestion to make everything work if the above does not, is to name all your emulators to mirror what krak has them named. I think his name for The N64 is 'Nintendo 64.' Just check the gameroom theme folder under media folder. Look under the theme png files for theme_background_Nintendo 64. If there is a space in the name, you need a space. Id suggest downloading the theme again if you started editing the theme files and not your emulator names. The easiest location to edit emulator names is in the setup wizard. Just change both the names for each emulator after the selection screen. You have to go back and make sure each is selected and I do them one by one.

Also, delete your background file paths in MAME settings and any other emulator. For some reason, I had them over run the theme backgrounds when I had a file path in the background area. I'll post screen shots for you later if I cAn.

Again, no need for it if you want krak's background. The artwork will obviously still be there if you want/need it in the future. You're just making GameEx lose it.

• Like 1

I have confirmed that leaving the MAME Background Snap Path blank does remove the videos and still snaps for the individual ROMs from the background and restores them to running in the window as intended.

• Like 1

Look at that. I contributed something. Nice to contribute as I seem to only usually be asking questions

I still ask a lot of questions. Don't let the Admin costume fool ya! ;)

Thanks! I cleared the path that was present in BakSnapPath= and that fixed the background snap image problem. Could not find this in GameEx.ini for Daphne so used the setup wizard.

However I still didn't have any logo or video for Nintendo N64 in the emulator select screen and it didn't make a difference if it was 64 or N64.

I saw emu_1_startpagelogo=[Console] Nintendo 64 and StartPageLogo=[Console] Nintendo 64 in GameEx.ini so I put a [Console] Nintendo 64.png in LOGOS and both image and video came up:

post-5325-0-29685400-1400366104_thumb.pn

My hopefully only remaining question is regarding the front / home / start page. Should there be a video played next to the Emulated Games selection (called Console & Computer in mine), the same as there is for MAME (called Arcade Coin-Op in mine)?

post-5325-0-80500700-1400366205_thumb.pn

post-5325-0-39039000-1400366294_thumb.pn