All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

Glad you like them :) ... Was wondering if anyone would notice where the images came from. ;) I had to clean them up a bit and make some modifications to them so they would work with the themes.

I got 5 more themes done tonight for the next pak plus I am working on revising some of the first batch of themes I did that need updating.

Ok here is the Atari 2600 game theme pak #3. This includes:

- 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (Rev.1) - Defender (Rev.1)

- Dodge'Em (Rev.1) - Hangman

- Missile Command (Rev.1) - Night Driver

- Outlaw (Rev.1) - Space War

- Star Ship - Surround

Installed pak 3 and the kids played the games in the pak all day. They had some friends over and they played 2600 games and never even played their PS 3. At the rate you are doing paks, you should have all the games in the Hyperspin database done in no time. :D

• Like 1

Ok here is the Atari 2600 game theme pak #4. This includes:

- Breakout - Canyon Bomber

- Circus Atari - Golf

- Human Cannonball - Maze Craze - A Game of Cops 'n Robbers

- Miniature Golf - Slot Machine

- Superman (Rev.1) - Yars' Revenge

Thanks I am glad you like it! Looking forward to see what you come up with on your vertscreen theme. No problem always nice to hear that my work has inspired someone.

Now that I have the NES framework all done I can go back to working on more 2600 game themes. Tonight I am starting on some of the Coleco games. :)

I'm trying the Atari 2600 game themes. Issue: the new picture (game specific one that displays over the default) does not stretch to fill the screen and shows a little of the default pic above and below it. Needless to say that causes the scroller and menubar not to line up correctly..

EDIT:

Answered my own question. I set my resolution to 1920x1080 and it displayed correctly. I prefer my resolution at 1280x720 and it was not displaying correctly, makes sense. Oddly enough the issue disappeared after I put my resolution back to 1280x720... Whatever it works fine now.

The theme is missing the "Most played" layout. Also, when not using your map file, box art fills the center of the screen for games without a title yet. I don't have Atari Video Snaps yet (waiting on funds to update to paypal for a lifetime subscription to emumovies ;) ).

Correct with the limitations of the current GameEx engine ... to use this style of theme you will need to use my map file or else all the other games will display as you mention. This theme is a work in progress so I created a map file so it will display only the games that have themes made for them. When Evo comes out this will all change but until then this is the only way. I have a default Atari 2600 theme that will work correctly and display all your game titles but you can't have the individual game themes using that layout. Back when I discovered how to display individual game themes most everyone thought it wasn't even possible but I was determined to find a way because as you can see it just really makes the system pop and just looks damn cool! Evo will change all that thou as I can probally .... well all most certainly think I can do alot more to create some killer themes and get around all these issues that the current engine can't do.

I have quite a few themes missing as I haven't even come close to finishing this as it is a very large one man project that started over a year ago. I plan on converting this over to Evo but I wouldn't expect any release until sometime next year (maybe) :P .

If anyone is really into this hobby getting a lifetime subscription to emumovies is a must unless you want to do all your own videos and snaps.

Ok here is the Atari 2600 game theme pak #5. This includes:

- Carnival - Combat (Rev.)

- Combat Two (Rev.) - Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kong Junior - Mouse Trap

- Smurf - Rescue in Gargamel's Castle - Venture

- Video Checkers (Rev.) - Zaxxon

Bonus theme:

- 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (Rev.)

Yeah, I figured out what was going on under the hood when I edited the theme last night, after posting. I really like the Idea of making Image 2 game specific, but as you said its a huge undertaking considering all the ROMs that exist. Honestly it seems like there has to be a better way...[cough] :GXEvo: Evolution :GXEvo:[clears throat].

I should mention that the following emulator templates were missing layout and/or backgrounds. I used the start page background, but for favorites and Microsoft Windows (PC games) it would be nice to have a custom design too.

• Most Played
  • Favorites
  • Microsoft Windows

Also, I was wondering what order you are creating a2600 game titles in. If it's by whim then let me throw out a few missing favorites. I know, this is subjective and indulgent of me..."but please daddy can we get these?"

• Moon Patrol
  • Moon Sweeper
  • Cosmic Ark
  • Galaxian
  • GORF
  • Boxing
  • Centipede

I know your overwhelmed with this project. So take the above with a grain of salt. I just really admire your theme.

Thank you very much!