All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hello newbie here saying hello to everyone! :) - Need assistance with GameInfo plugin issue

phenix29au

Hello everyone. first i would personally like to say thankyou to Mr Speirs for making this brilliant wonderful program and to everyone else who has contributed and helped aswell. This is brilliant and has been something i have wanted to do for many many years but never had the $ to have the hard drive capacity or a computer fast enough to hold up. I too have been working hard making my HTPC not in a cabinet but using my laptop synced with my hdmi connection output to a 58" lcd flatscreen. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums if it is please move it i was not sure where to put this.I would just like to say a big hello to everyone and share my current build using MANY peoples advise from all over here to help with things i have been stuck on getting to work. my progress is as below. Thankyou again and have a wonderful day or night or arfternoon wherever you might be :)

HTPC progress meter!!! (10/11/13)
- Time so far: 1 month 3 weeks and 2 days.:
- Registered Front End
- Downloaded All vids and art work for emulators
- Full rom sets: c64, n64, sega game gear, sega master system, nds, gb, gbc, gba, snes, ms dos, atari 2600, sega genesis 32x, Visual Pinball, MAME
- Registered for membership at emumovies.
- Completely ran from gamepad and all emulators.
- All Emulators have video playing for title.
- All movies have a snippet taken from each separate movie that plays upon maneuvering
multimedia!
- Tv shows: Works
- Movies: Works
- Radio Stations: = over 1000 globally (works and complete!!)
- Upon launch plays any song out of music hard drive, over 75,000 choices.
Emulators!
commodore 64 = worked and complete!
nintendo = works and complete!
gameboy original = works and complete!
gameboy color = works and complete!
gameboy advance = works and complete!
snes = works and complete!
Still To Do:
n64 = test and setup
ps1 = test and setup
ps2 = test and setup
MS Dos = fix emulator to front end
sega master system = test and setup
sega genesis = test and setup
sega game gear = test and setup
Movies = Rename and sort
TV = Rename and sort.
Total file space used:
Emulators, Videos & Pictures = 991 GB
Movies = 1.57 TB
Music = 323 GB
TV Shows = 1.38 TB
Eventually:
run from boot no more desktop! less process better performance.
Cheers From Australia :)

Phen.

Welcome! I took the liberty of editing your post. It is against the forum rules to mention how you obtained your Roms, the "D - word" is a no-no.

Please take a moment to read the forum rules.

We have a topic that you can post pictures, or better yet videos of your setup in action.

If you get stuck on anything, feel free to ask, we are here to help.

oops so very sorry. i originally made this post on facebook for my friends and sorry i did forget to remove the d word and such, thankyou kindly for fixing it for me :) much appreciated. I will defiantly ask. u guys are awesome :D cheers.

Phen.

sorry i fixed it myself :) took off custom images without realising. long hours and not thinking clearly lol :) thanks tho :)

Awesome! Glad to be of service. Take note that you can customize all the visual elements of it to match your theme too. If you need any help or have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for using it!

• Like 1

ahh yes draco sorry guys. at the time of typing i was having issue. but after entering i went back to it and tweaked a little and fixed it myself, so instead of double posting as i know most forums have that rule i just re edited my original post and left a note to say its fixed, not realising the title of my post was changed lol. my appologies :)

Welcome Phenix and good work on yer setup. Guys here have been great in helping getting emus working so ask away! I'll try and dib in where I can - I know the PCSX2 setup was a bit of a mare for me, but more around hardware really.

And, whoa! A missus that not only has no issue with you being a thumb bandit, but one that's interested in what you're playing! I'm movin to Oz! :)

• Like 1

lol cheers stigzler. yeah im a rare gem in that remarks, my missus, loves playing games just as much as i do. when i told her about this and what it does she was excited and couldnt wait to see it in action. with how much i have done so far shes really impressed :D and wants to do one for herself just with what she has lol certainly makes it easier to be a gamer in a relationship with someone who understands and doesnt try and make ya get off the ol games lol :)

the ps2 i had a lil bit of trouble, but i searched thru the forums and thanks to the plugin for dtools, works beautifully. just a pain to keep changing the game settings based on glitches or performance issues but oh well. the pcsx2 team have come such a long way :D one day they will perfect this emulator.