All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Unseen roms

Frankybabes

Did you select "Update List" after setting everything up and starting GameEx?

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information.

Where do i find "Update List" ? I thought GameEx automatically looked at the rom folder each time it started? and updated its self, sorry about what may seem a stupid question but I am faily new at this! Regards

If you are using the integrated MAME support, it will be the last item to select from on the list.

... unless it has been disabled (maybe accidentally) in Setup Wizard. Check the MAME or the Enable\Disable Features pages (I can't remember now where it is exactly neither check personally at the moment).

If you want all mame roms, have you deselected all the filter options in Setup Wizard?

Alpha is correct, it is in Enable/Disable Features (Check screenshot). Once you are sure it is not hidden, load GameEx, go to MAME section and scroll to the bottom. Hit Update List and prepare to wait a while ^_^ You only need to do this once, unless you make any changes to your rom set in the future.

post-6865-0-04843100-1380552243_thumb.jp

• Like 2

...and don't worry if the process SEEMS to hang at a certain percentage (35% or 55% ?), just wait and GameEx will complete its operation. As far as your HD led is displaying any activity GameEx is working good.... :)

Still cant find "Update List"! sorry but there are so many menus :unsure: GameEx is still showing roms I have deleted and not the ones I have added! is the update list in Setup Wizard? :unsure:

SOLVED! thanks didnt realise the screen scrolled :wacko: I have one more problem it must be something I have changed! instead of getting a LIST of all MAME games I am getting screen shots scrolling from left to right! how do I get it back to a list? is it something in setup wizard? Otherwise this is the nuts, a lot of people have put in a lot of time and effort, it tells. regards a grateful user

You will need to click Change View quite a few times until you get the list view you desire.

Follow this advice! As you are a new to GE i will explain - each of your "emulators" will have a view. In GE there are many! What you are experiencing at the moment is an alternate view! (thumbnail view). What you need to do is find a button/bit of text/logo that indicates "change view". Press it! This will change the layout of the page. What you want to do is keep pressing "change view" until you get back to the default list. Bare in mind, each time you press "change view" the actual "change view" itself can change position lol So you will need to persevere to get the view back to the default "list" mode :)