All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ios 7 anyone?

celly

Since I bought my iPhone 5 i've been on ios 6.1.4 without a jailbreak (previous iPhone was 6.1 jailbroken). Today launched the new ios, ios 7 with its super frilly flat icons and bouncy animations. I updated. Verdict still isnt in if I like it or not. Just wondering if anyone else updated today and what their feelings are about it.

I noticed that.

No I haven't updated the iPad 3 yet (Still holding out) as I have a ton of old apps I still use and don't want them not to work anymore. I do like the new iPhone 5S thou very crisp and clear. Not going to use that as a gaming device thou mainly just for the phone and camera. My iPod Touch 3G is used as a gaming device thou but might need to upgrade that at Christmas as I want one of the newer ipod touches.

I updated to iOS 7 on my iPad 2 and my iPhone 5. There are quite a few things I like about it.

* I love the control center (swipe from the bottom) and now I don't have to have a jailbreak to access Bluetooth, WiFi, Airplane Mode, Brightness at one touch. Apple certainly learns from the jailbreak community on what to improve upon.

* I like the new passcode screen. I have a 7 in my passcode and would constantly hit the Emergency call button. Now it is nowhere near the 7(and cancel is nowhere near the 9) and it saves me a ton of aggravation.

* All my apps still work flawlessly. I haven't hit one yet that glitches out on iOS 7.

* I like the Safari redesign and having the search function integrated with the address bar. This now more closely emulates a PC browser.

* Closing background apps is easier now. Just flick them away. They also update in the background if compatible.

I HATE HATE HATE one major change and they need to bring it back. Swipe to delete on email. Why would you get rid of that? I have to open each email now before I can delete it rather than swipe from preview mode. This is annoying.

EDIT: I just found out email deletion is still there you just have to swipe to the left. Ooh... my biggest gripe just got decimated! :)