All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

RIP-Felix

Is there a way to hide games in mame, or other emulators, that are violent, graphic, suggestive, or what have you from the impressionable minds of our younger audience?

I know that there has been a lot of requests about password protecting, but I haven't found a good way to hide games and re-enable them without going into the setup wizard. I read about a service mode. How does that work and wher is it located in the setup wizard. How do I choose what is in the "Kid mode" and what is in the "Mature mode" (So to speak).

I don't have kids myself, but I have friends who bring their kids over. And what captivates their attention? Of course its the Arcade Cabinet. I want to hide games that might be offensive to their parents while still being able to enjoy a little Mortal Kombat myself, without having to enter the setup wizard every time. I'm sure this is a common request, and that their is something built in by now. GameEX has everything else, so Parental controls has to be in there in some form.

There is actually a logon plugin that Headkaze created that allows you to setup a separate GameEx logon for other users. You can modify it to use its own theme, "delete or remove" potentially offensive games from the list, etc.on a per user basis.

• Like 1

Ok, I like the idea and simple UI. But I can't seem to figure out how to do anything but set up a user. How do I actually choose the GameEX settings that need to be changed on a per user basis? Is there a Tutorial anywhere?

EDIT:

I found this : http://www.gameex.com/Support/Tutorials/GameExLogin.aspx but it is not very inclusive. However, if I'm understanding it right, I need to launch the login first, then select a user I create, and from within GameEX use the configuration app. Then, the next time I login as a different user and use the configuration app for that user. Is that correct? It somehow will create a separate GameEX config or something?

Ok, yea I was able to answer my own questions by playing around with it a bit. Basically it remembers who was logged in last, whether you use the configuration app from within GameEX or exit GameEX then launch the setup wizard. Any changes you make to the config will be saved for the last user logged in. So to configure another user you must first login as that user then configure GameEX as you normally would. Actually this is much easier than I thought, thanks Headkaze.