All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

RTKIII Productions Thread - Movie Releases

rtkiii

Hey Guys(and gals),

I ventured onto this website earlier this year with all my noob questions about how to configure and install GameEx. With all that out of the way and my Cabinet at 99% completion I have gotten back into my true passion of Film Making. I have been doing this in various mediums for the past 6 years and my skills are getting better but I'm no Steven S. If this interests you at all feel free to check out my YoutTube page. I listed a few links below

LATEST RELEASE - 5/23/2004

"Alli Storytime: Tree Time"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alli's Storytime: Imagination Ola"

"Blue Light Special"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CdJ0EuGmk8

One I think some here might like - "ARCADE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJzenpvKKwc&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL1bxLZCWJMlP-oqdVdZxbNWtASmXYeXj7

Link to "12 Films in 12 Months" Playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1bxLZCWJMlP-oqdVdZxbNWtASmXYeXj7

Link to my channel

http://www.youtube.com/rtkiiiprod

Check them out and let me know what you think if you get bored.

post-11179-0-99874000-1376659354_thumb.j

I watched the Blue Light Special one. Kinda funny considering I work in a grocery store. :) I noticed the price of the lighter fluid didn't ring up 99 cents though. Better get a price check on that!

My wife said the same thing - so odd what people pick up on.,..my argument to that mistake is it is all in her head, there are no specials, she is crazy hence her hearing herself through the Muzak the whole time. LOL

Poor Valerie - but i love that it's her score he's trying to beat! ^_^ That guy def has his priorities straight! :P

this was my favorite to shoot of all I have done this year. I wished I'd done a better job with the clothes and I hated the arcade I went to had converted to the swiped card, but I did the best I could there. Glad you noticed the highest score was Val's...many do not :) - thanks for checking it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please God in heaven, don't let that be a segue to a Monkees song.... :lol:

The who? Jeez, I always wondered what the average age in here was... I'm a bit younger: ;)

and good work rtkiii, keep it up, follow your passion! You can see noticeable improvements in your films in what seems to be the order you did them in. Though if you don't mind a little feedback (this is what I do for a living), donlt concentrate on "hot moves" with your camera, instead stick to the basics and do them well to enhance the story. Study up on the line, and make every shot tie into the script.

but good stuff!

Thanks for the video. New find for me - Material Issue.

I like your work RTKIII. I always respect it when people have a talent.

Hey Tom,

Yeah, Material Issue are a gem of a find - the epitome of 90s power pop from Chicago's killer scene with Liz Phair etc. Jim Ellison (the lead singer) wrote such catchy hooks. But sad story, just as they were about to hit it really big, he killed himself with carbon monoxide from his scooter in his garage reportedly over a girl. The dude was a true (but tragic) romantic. I've always wanted to see (or make) a biopic about his life. Maybe rtkiii could secure the music rights, and shoot it :) but yeah sorry for the hijack - lots of great tunes - check out this tune too:

oh rtkiii I was gonna recommend that you check out this training: Hollywood Camerawork's The Master Course in High-end Blocking and Staging. This video series on dvd is the absolute best training any director of any skill level can get - it blows away all films schools and anything I've ever seen. The multivolume dvds are a bargain if you consider what real training, schools or workshops cost. Per Holmes has distilled decades of industry experience to succinctly convey the craft of directing in what turns out to be the best method possible: using static 3D mannequins and rendering to explain the real craft of blocking and camera moves and how when performed right, really impact the story. I can't speak highly enough of the educational value this guy conveys with this training. You learn so much so quick (regardless of experience level) and it's great for actors or producers too.

So many people torrent or share videos, but this guy is so cool and the educational value so high, with so much work put into this series that i even buy my colleagues an extra set instead of sharing mine - he really is worth it. And this material has very practical and immediate benefit for preproduction if you have another shoot coming up.

But what's cool is he's just started doing 7-day streaming of the series for super cheap if you dont want to commit to buying the set as a reference. Trust me it's totally awesome (and I have nothing to do with the company except being in the industry and being a customer). Here's the site if you are interested:

http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/index.html

• 3 months later...

Thanks snarls I'll check out that link and see what it is about. I am totally self taught so it all goes based on my thoughts and preferences that I think the shot could do, but I think I need a more technical workflow and whatnot.

@Tom - And I do not mind the hijack...it got people checking it out. :) Thanks for the compliments thus far guys. another release coming this week.

Not a short film though -Kinetic Typography Project.

"Kenji" - by Fort Minor

This song takes a look at a Japanese man in the US during WWII.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks as always,

Rich

That was just awesome B) Man that is honestly some of the best syncing i've ever seen, and i've watched quite a few over the years. Every word bang on! Impressive stuff. And that bomb sequence was killer! :thumbsup:

Thanks Daz! Is it ok if I paste your comment on my YT page for the video? I would just list as "DAZ:" and then your comments.

I'm glad you can appreciate it...it was some long work but great end result. That bomb sequence from the forming sequence through the dropping sequence took me some time. I had the bomb forming idea in my head for a awhile and the execution was just time consuming but pretty cut and dry, but the dropping section was literally one of the last things I did because I just didnt know how to pull off the falling portion...but in the end that turned out better than I expected...not perfect IMHO but pretty good.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to watch...seems like most people would rather do a thumbs up to a stupid picture someone took in 3 seconds instead of watching something that actually takes time to create and is not garbage. Society :)

Thanks Daz! Is it ok if I paste your comment on my YT page for the video? I would just list as "DAZ:" and then your comments.

Sure go for it! B)

And by the very nature of this hobby and forum i think you'll encounter more creative people in general - and creative people appreciate other creative people ;)

"Kenji" - by Fort Minor

This song takes a look at a Japanese man in the US during WWII.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks as always,

Rich

This is really amazing !! Perfect syncing. If I were Fort Minor I'd really like to use this as an official music video !!

You're a true artist Rich B)

I've also posted this comment on your YT page ;)

• Like 1