All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[LOGOS] Ultimate Character Logos (WIP)

KRC

Thanks,

I have been testing these out on the my new setup and they look really cool, Only problem is that they are a little time consuming, I would say each logo take's approx 10 mins which when making a single logo for a pack is a pretty long time.

• 2 weeks later...

KRC! I like this idea you came up with and this pack or set will become epic i know it! Great job so far!

I have but one niggle - the Steam logo. I don't want to come across as a moaning mini, or any kind of whinger for that matter but the pack is intended to be a "character" pack, yes? Well it's the only one you have shown that doesn't incorporate a character!

It can be hard to associate Steam to any characters if you are not a PC gamer i understand, but if you've been a Valve fan since the 1990's there are some that are synonymous to them :)

Gordon Freeman is the most iconic, from the half life series, i know it's not strictly Steam but mention Valve (of which Steam is a division of) then most people will picture good ol Gordon :P Also any characters from Team Fortress 2 these days, and particularlly the "Heavy". I don't mean to be a pain in your ass KRC really i do not, but i also say what i see ^_^

Some may not have a character, especially when you get into some of the GameEx "core" logo images, such as YouTube, Favorites, Exit, Shut Down, etc. Some less common systems like NUON for example, went "bust" before there could be an iconic character established. IMO, so long as the style is consistent, I think his handling of the material is sufficient to keep things consistent.

Keep in mind that many of us provide .psd files with our creations so the end-user has a template to create their own custom logo images to suit their needs/desires!

There are many character's to choose from that are associated with Steam but I chose their logo due to me feeling that it is a program rather than a console/system. It may also be that I associate Steam as a different entity and do not put it in the same class as emulator's. It's kind of Similar to Adobe Flash game's, that logo will have the flash logo in the circle and flash written in the box at the bottom with no character's present.

About 75% of the logo's I have done so far are final and will not be changed but some will be edited at a later date when I source something more appropriate, This may include Steam. I did do a Steam logo with Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 6 but I canned it. If I can render out a 1500px+ image of Gordon Freeman I will and I'll upload an example.

Some of the more obscure PC System's will not be able to have a character as they dont really exist in 1000px +, but I can compromise and will make them the best that I can.

As Draco said, usually a PSD will be available but this PSD is not for a novice user and if required I may need to create a logo myself.

There are many character's to choose from that are associated with Steam but I chose their logo due to me feeling that it is a program rather than a console/system. It may also be that I associate Steam as a different entity and do not put it in the same class as emulator's.

Fair enough! :) My intention wasn't to insult you or any of your work KRC, i think you could all quite rightly call me a blind, mental bar steward if i did :D I love your work man! Always top notch. Sorry if i came across that way :(

Awesome logos Ray, the brits coming out tops again lol.

Looking forward to the full pack.