All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ePSXe questions (resolved)

Noddy

I'm trying to get epsxe to work in gameex but with no luck so far:

I've got epsxe 1.8

Converted some cd's to .ccd

and the games are playing fine with epsxe

My main question is do I need a virtual drive like daemon tools to play them via gameex? They get mentioned a lot but I wasn't sure seeing as the games are already playing in epsxe?

Other than that I asume it's an issue with the command line. I've set gameex to only see .ccd files and they're all listed fine in the menu but when i select the game it just fades out and then back in to gameex.

I've tried the default menu and whatever options I could find searching threads like adding -loadbin (-loadccd), changing vitrual drive to "[rompath]\[romfile]" but I'm just guessing so any suggestions much appreciated.

log.txt

Yeah the Virtual Drive thing is purely a matter of preference. I believe the the default ePSXe CD-ROM plugin may still have some issues with multi-track disc images (i.e. one .cue with multiple .bin files), which is where a virtual drive can be preferable to the built in plugin functionality. This may or may not be a consideration with .ccd images - I don't have a lot of experience with that format as I generally run Redump verified .cue/.bin images.

Even then, there aren't a staggering number of multi-track games, and it's been a while since I've used the default CD-ROM plugin in ePSXe. They may have everything running pretty well through the plugin at this point.

If you do want to use a Virtual Drive for ePSXe, I'd recommend taking a look at Adultery's Virtual Drive Loader plugin which will take a lot of the guesswork out of mounting your images properly.

TL;DR If it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

I'm trying to get epsxe to work in gameex but with no luck so far:

I've got epsxe 1.8

Converted some cd's to .ccd

and the games are playing fine with epsxe

My main question is do I need a virtual drive like daemon tools to play them via gameex? They get mentioned a lot but I wasn't sure seeing as the games are already playing in epsxe?

Other than that I asume it's an issue with the command line. I've set gameex to only see .ccd files and they're all listed fine in the menu but when i select the game it just fades out and then back in to gameex.

I've tried the default menu and whatever options I could find searching threads like adding -loadbin (-loadccd), changing vitrual drive to "[rompath]\[romfile]" but I'm just guessing so any suggestions much appreciated.

If you want to know where it is failing, turn on debug mode in your config, or troubleshoot using the runitgame.bat method in the stickied "How to ask for help" thread.

I have my Playstation games in bin/cue format, and my GameEx configuration is to use *.cue as the rom filter. The emulator runs those up directly without any kind of mounting software.

What command line do you use?

I've downloaded Daeomon tools lite and virtual drive loader and am trying to figure out setting that up in case it helps, where do I put VDL? but seeing as the games work fine without one I'm assuming it's still a command line problem?