All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme Question: Animated Background & Hide Objects

JeanLucPicard

Hello,

I notice the Theme "COM" uses an AVI as an animated background. But seems to be Version 1.
However, since I can not edit the old themes that have this, I am rather confused.
I also am trying to hide the menu. When I hide it, it still shows up.

Questions:
1. How to add animated looping video backgrounds.
2. Hide Objects. Is not working.

Notes:
I am able to get the video to play at the start and at the Theme Picker section. But for all other sections it is just black.

Thanks,

Anyone?

I notice the video is called bak.avi and I can use any format. So If I use .mpg or mp4 it will load the video. I would assume I can just add this video to any theme. But I need to figure out how to activate it rather than a png background or black background.

In order to edit a Version 1 theme, you have to convert to Version 3 or 4 and save the change before you can do anything else. There will be a new version of Theme Editor and a new graphics engine being released for GameEx although an approximation of the release is not available at this time.

Hide Objects does not always work for all objects, so to work around this, making the object 1x1 px and moving it outside of the X/Y coordinates of the theme will often suffice, although it may crash GameEx for some items, so placing the 1x1 px object at the outermost corner of the theme may be best.