All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Registry Key Issues

thurmansevolution

Hello and good morning/afternoon!

I have a small question - I donated and received a licence key last year (I have to look back into my email to pinpoint exactly what month lol). For some reason, ever since version 13.13, I am not able to update GameEx and keep all the features that come with donating.

- I still get the nag screen at the beginning and all other paid features are omitted

- It only happens from 13.13 and up (including the recent update 13.14); If I restore the version back to 13.12, all features are there.

I've tried to reinstall the key into the registry, but it doesn't seem to remedy my little problem.

Do I have to donate $17 per year to keep all the features, or is it a one time donation??

Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear something soon!

LC

I believe there are 2 different versions of the key. One is a Full Blown key, and the other is a temporary 1-year license. You might just have the temporary one. I agree with Draco, ask Tom, he'll set you straight.

Sounds like you have a 1 year key that has expired. As you seem to be an upstanding member of the community I will give you a free lifetime key. You will need to email me.

Cheers.

Tom

Wow, But to be honest if anyone deserves it it's Mr Clark :)

NIce one Tom!

Sweet!! Thanks Tom! And thanks for the kind words everyone!! :) Lol, this definitely made my day, week, month, and maybe even year!! This goes to show not only how wonderful GameEx is, but how outstanding everyone is in the GameEx family! I will send you an email Tom as soon as I can! :)

Lol, I feel a little bad in a way though, because all of the side projects and upcoming wedding has taken up a lot of my time away from this forum. It is my promise though, that by the end of this year, I will be back in full swing. :)

Until then, here is a couple of pics of the new driving cab I'm working on. I used a Sega Monaco GP cab, gutted out it's components, and rebuilt the cab on the inside - using nothing but a jigsaw and drill (long story lol). I still have some work to do on it, but so far, it's coming along smoothly:

post-9885-0-67166500-1373550674_thumb.jp

post-9885-0-42703600-1373550697_thumb.jp

post-9885-0-33727100-1373550719_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wow, I wish I could build/repurpose a cab like that. If I had the money, and skill, I'd build an upright for those games, a sit down racing cab like that for driving games, a flying cab for after burner/star wars type games, a pinball cab, ugh so many ideas. Is there any way to have the steering wheel be force-feedback? That would make it awesome!

Tom's great. Doesn't take much for him to see a good Joe and offer services. Glad my suspicion about a single year license was probably correct. I like be correct on things when I try to be helpful. :)

Thanks KRC and Hansolo! :)

So far, it's been quite an experience in building, but gonna be well worth all the work when it's completed. Believe it or not, the cost of it isn't all that bad so far, and I have almost everything ready to make it operational (except for heatsink bracket and .187 quick disconnects...waiting on those to arrive :) ) Here is what I got under the "hood" of this bad boy so far lol:

Computer - Dell Optiplex 780 Mini Tower, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.93 Ghz, 4 Gigs DDR3 Ram, ATI Radeon HD Graphics Card (I know it's a 512 mb, but for some reason, can't remember any other specs lol...want to say it's something like a 5200, but not 100%...I'm more of a Nvidia kinda guy :) )

For the computer, long story short, but I ordered what all compotents I needed separately instead of buying an assembled tower...much cheaper that way, and saves on space!

Sound System - This was the main reason why I wanted an enclosed cab...the sound and the feeling of being inside a car :). I have a total of 3 subwoofers and 2 "tweeters". There is a subwoofer behind the monitor, two tweeters enclosed above, and two wireless subwoofers in back, behind the seat. Gonna feel the vibrations when ya hit the gas ...Ha!Ha!Ha! :P

Monitor - I'm using a de-cased 27" CRT TV, mostly because of games like Daytona USA and Crusin USA - I won't go into too much detail, lol, but it has something to do with the shadow effect on those games :).

Steering Wheel - Logitech G27 wheel...probably the most expensive part to the cab, but well worth it! :) It does have force feedback, and has a H Shifter gearbox, reverse mount pedals, and an origional 900 degree rotation - that can be customized with the profiler for different games and emulators. Force feedback works well for the games that support force feedback - And of course mame doesn't support it yet, but I talked with DarthMarino awhile back, and he told me that the Logitech G27 wheel should be compadible with MameHooker in the next release...hopefully this summer :).

That's all I can think off the top of my head, and there is quite a bit more that I'm planning on adding on to...lol I'm gonna make a video once it's finished with all the details and will post a link :).

And most of all, Tom is the man!! He does great work, and I cannot thank him enough for doing what he did! :) I am happy to be a part of this community!

LC

Yeah racing games without force feedback (where they exist) is kinda lame. I like the feel of the road tugging on the steering, making it difficult to turn in some instances. Does it have vibration too? That would be cool if you played some Rally racing games (do they exist?) where you go off road. Still, nice setup. I wish there was a force feedback / decent wheel/pedal/shifter setup for the Xbox, I'd never play with the controller again. They MAKE them, but the cost is really high, more than it's worth.

Hope it all works out for ya, keep us posted on your progress! :)