All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme Editor - Alpha Blend Videos ?

naborneo

That's a legacy thing. I should remove it. It does nothing now. It was a performance thing when GameEx wasn't running under Direct3d.

Bummer, I was hoping it was something to the fact that I could load a video with a separate alpha channel video and it would together as an Alpha Video File, oh well, Thank Tom!

Bummer, I was hoping it was something to the fact that I could load a video with a separate alpha channel video and it would together as an Alpha Video File, oh well, Thank Tom!

You can use Movies with Alphachannel.... but the downside is, only as a Background. Therefore a Alpha-Channel becomes useless, as you can not put something under your Background-Movie.

The thing is, we cannot choose or have a Video as a Foreground-Layer, only pictures.... at least i dont know how ;).

Hope that helps.... and yes Headkaze new Program sounds promising

That are even more better news :D !!!

Its not the problem to play a movie with alpha-channel. The problem is, you can not use a movie+alpha channel as a Foreground-Layer. All Videos are on the Background-Layer, exception would be the videos you use as Logo, Image1 or Image2. But they are also not on top.

I can not wait to see this new features for theme-creators. sounds very promising, keep up the brilliant work. I can imagine, that with these features, GameEx will be the best Front-End AND the most beautiful one :D;).

There will be no hard-coded layers in a future release... you will be able to put the video anywhere you want ;)

! will that include all theme elements?! And will there be more layers other than fore and background? So we can "stack" our theme elements? :o I'm not trying to be a pain in your behind headkaze, but i'm so frikkin eager to see this new engine you guys have been working on, and hinting at recently :D I have a feeling it's gonna blow our minds :P