All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[IMPORTANT] Forum move

Tom Speirs

I will be moving the forum to a dedicated server today and from now on hosting it myself. It will be unavailable for periods. Maybe lengthy.

Once complete we will have:

800GB storage

No reasonable upload size limit.

Ability to make source changes.

New downloads section/module

We will lose the gallery and blog.

• Like 2

This is awesome! Thanks Tom! Hopefully the transition will go smoothly and that downtime can be kept to a minimum. (Keeping fingers crossed). Any idea how this will affect Tapatalk compatibility? Will we have a new URL?

That's great news Tom. I can't wait to fix that BBCode limit ;)

A BBCode limit fix would be great. Especially creating a table in a post is kind of tricky right now. Adding options like having the possibility to import from Excel would be very cool ! I could use this very well in the Hi-Score Competition we've setup > link

Thanks Tom. Looking forward to this forum upgrade :)

GC

Hi Tom. Back up again ! :)

two small things I noticed

> the avator picture of some users are missing. No big deal of course > I will add mine again.

> when I go to "My settings" I get the message "Zend Optimizer not installed"

Just wanted to mention it. ;)

GC

Excellent news :-)

The move appears to have gone fairly well. There may be an issue here or there as server moves require fine tuning to make sure all functionality directs to the new server host properly.

I'm pretty excited about the new forum features, particularly the downloads section. I can confirm that the Zend Optimizer issue still occurs when you access My Settings, but as Draco pointed out I'm sure this is more a case of fine tuning the server. Great job Tom!

I had a slight issue with notification emails relating to the general forum taking me back to the offline forum, but it is now rectified (I logged out, cleared all cache etc.. then logged back in.)

New layout looks good :)