All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Anyone Playing Rocksmith?

nullPointer

Nice guitar man, i've always preferred strat style myself - not because of sound though curiously - but because they feel more balanced in the weight department for me. Maybe there is something to it, maybe it's the way i play but i always feel a bit awkward holding a les paul (i have huge hands though which may have something to do with it). Still, if i could get my hands on a Gibson you know i bleedin would! :P After looking at your pic then glancing over at my 15 year old Squire Strat (yup, not even a real one) i admit i'm a tad envious :)

Thanks man! Yeah at some point in the future, I'd really like to get a strat. As I was pondering this purchase my other top contender was a Classic Vibe Squier 60's Strat. By all accounts they are phenomenal guitars for the money (they being the Classic Vibe line). So with the Les Paul copy I can live out my Jimmy Page fantasies (and if I'm being honest - Steve Jones :ph34r:). Now I need a strat so I can wail like Hendrix! (... which of course by "wail" I mean "hopelessly flail around on the strings" and by "like" I mean "not at all similar to"). Naturally it will all come down to availability of funds, and WAF.

So yeah my main bass is a Squier Matt Freeman signature P-Bass, and that's after having played for a bit over 20 years! Honestly though I tell ya ... I think most of the gear snobs out there are kidding themselves. Does my Squier P sound as good as a $4800 Fender Custom Shop P (hey don't hold back on the artificial relic finish! :lol:)? No. Can a skilled musician make either one sound amazing? Undoubtedly. I really think it's a case of diminishing returns. AFAIC there's a certain sweet spot where the price of the instrument vs. the quality of sound is just about perfect (hint: it sure ain't $4800), and beyond that the amount of money you spend is only going to net slight improvements. Even still, sometimes my inner-gear snob pops up with thoughts like, "I've been playing long enough ... I really should treat myself to a nice quality bass!," but really if I'm being honest I'm perfectly happy with my current setup. Plus I'm not constantly paranoid that my kids, the cats, or more likely that I myself will do something to damage my "precious" instrument. More dings = More Mojo baby! I'm slowly working my way towards a real relic job LOL!