All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nitroball

Finally got to the second level boss but I'm lacking in lives as I can't crack 2mil on the first level!

> 3617110

Hi be77amy. You're getting pretty close to my 4 million score ! Good job :)

I don't always make it through level 1 within the time limit. Just before I kill the first boss I - sometimes intentionally - die and then use my secondary weapon to get some more treasures to crack the 2 million on the first level and be awarded with an extra life. Than I will start level 2 with 2 lifes again and a score of 2 million +

Maybe this strategy will also work for you :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 3 months later...

Although it was an obvious rip-off of another shmup too obvious to mention, it was smashing TV game show fun. :)

Though I agree, I've always preferred Nitro Ball. I always felt Smash TV was a less exciting Robotron, whereas Nitro Ball added to the genre. Plus, 3-player is awesome.

Anyways, I got 3,065,430. Beat my old MAMEUI scores.

post-25878-0-63540900-1390760955_thumb.p

Though I agree, I've always preferred Nitro Ball. I always felt Smash TV was a less exciting Robotron, whereas Nitro Ball added to the genre. Plus, 3-player is awesome.

Anyways, I got 3,065,430. Beat my old MAMEUI scores.

An all-time favorite of mine. It's a nice mash-up B)

Great score btw !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 1 month later...

WOW! Like Wonder Boy 3, this is a real surprise from Data East! Take the run n gun action of Mercs and Smash TV, and add a weird pinball element. This is easily the most fun out of the 31 games we have scoreboards for. I played this one for well over an hour. I really don't like the ghost town, nor its boss.

ExedExes - 5,656,300

post-25936-0-64503800-1394254717_thumb.p

WOW! Like Wonder Boy 3, this is a real surprise from Data East! Take the run n gun action of Mercs and Smash TV, and add a weird pinball element. This is easily the most fun out of the 31 games we have scoreboards for. I played this one for well over an hour. I really don't like the ghost town, nor its boss.

ExedExes - 5,656,300

I'm glad you like this game. It's one of my personal favorites ;)

Amazing score....Now I have to revisit this game very shortly....it was one of the few #1 spots I still had.... :angry:<_< .....just kidding :P...great job man B)

Updated LB > you're the first to reach the 2,000 Leaderboard points. Congratz !!

Edited by GimmeClassics

"Welcome to strange football fields!!". More like welcomce to one of the strangest games in the 90s!! Strange, but a helluva lot of fun! It is kind of a blend of Smash TV and Mercs.

Score on its way.

As promised. I sure did get on a "roll" on this attempt. Hehehe. I made er to the 4th level! I agree with the previous post, this is a weird game, indeed.

post-25790-0-64608500-1394488883_thumb.j

post-25790-0-16036800-1394488914_thumb.j

As promised. I sure did get on a "roll" on this attempt. Hehehe. I made er to the 4th level! I agree with the previous post, this is a weird game, indeed.

Although I have no reason to doubt you, could you please try playing with just 1 credit? I checked this game, and if you have more than one credit in the game and use a continue, your score remains. This is an unfair advantage and there is no way to verify that you didn't use any continues during your run with this score. Again, I don't doubt your score is legit, it's just at the bottom of the screen it says Credits 4, which makes it look like you might have been continuing. I'll leave the score this time, but please, in the future, try to refrain from having more than 1 credit per play. This was TwinGalaxy's ruling as well. Thanks!

• Like 2

@ hansolo: Geez, I was unaware of the multiple credit thing. I am now mindful of that issue and will ensure I go one at a time. It is just a habit I have, I hit the credit button multiple times. Rest assured, that game was played with a single credit.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Not played this before. Very strange game. Good fun though.

"Welcome to strange football fields!" .....It's indeed a crazy mix of running, shooting and playing pinball :blink: ^_^ ....fun to play though !!

....and this ends Jedah's game playing frenzy today ;):P Nice score btw :)

@ jedah > I'll update this thread and our Leaderboard asap. A little error in our Database Manager first has to be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

"Welcome to strange football fields!" .....It's indeed a crazy mix of running, shooting and playing pinball :blink: ^_^ ....fun to play though !! ....and this ends Jedah's game playing frenzy today ;):P Nice score btw :)

Queue Arnie impression "I'll be back". I have a day off work tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...