All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Happy Birthday, KRC!

Draco1962

I usually get cash as present's on my birthday and I'm hoping that I can afford a Net Yaroze PSX (The Black One), Or maybe a consolized MVS.(Check Ebay)

...Or a PSX DVR.

Happy Birthday KRC! Have a great day man! I sincerely hope that it's the most epic birthday yet!

So for those keeping track of birthdays (I'm sure most of you keep meticulous birthday calendars for the purposes of sending cards and gifts) the last four days have looked like this:

Han's Mom > Han > KRC > KRC's Mom

It's a great week for GameEx folks! :D

• Like 1

Thanks Guys :)

Happy Birthday KRC! Have a great day man! I sincerely hope that it's the most epic birthday yet!

So for those keeping track of birthdays (I'm sure most of you keep meticulous birthday calendars for the purposes of sending cards and gifts) the last four days have looked like this:

Han's Mom > Han > KRC > KRC's Mom

It's a great week for GameEx folks! :D

Epic aint the word, Im goimg to pick up my PSX DVR tomorrow, £240, its in mint condition :)

Wow your birthday is before your moms? Heh, guess she had it easier than mine. My mom spent hers in labor LOL! Hope you had a good birthday. And congrats on the Net Yaroze. I thought it would be neat to have one, but I'm happy with just a mod chipped psx. :)

Wow your birthday is before your moms? Heh, guess she had it easier than mine. My mom spent hers in labor LOL! Hope you had a good birthday. And congrats on the Net Yaroze. I thought it would be neat to have one, but I'm happy with just a mod chipped psx. :)

I didn't settle for the Net Yaroze, I went ahead with a PSX DVR.

It was a difficult choice but I made the right one in my eyes!

I didn't settle for the Net Yaroze, I went ahead with a PSX DVR.

It was a difficult choice but I made the right one in my eyes!

Ahh that is actually pretty cooler than a net yaroze. Plus its a ps2 that's also backwards compatible with ps1. Strange having the controller ports on the back though. oh well, wish I had one :)

Really? I wonder if you can modchip it to unlock the region? That's the big reason I modded my ps1 was so I could play some Japanese imports. There was a shop about a block away from me that sold imports, but I couldn't play them without an imported ps1. He was a good friend of ours though and told me about the ability to install a hardware modchip that disabled the region checks, but that he didn't supply them or install them, I'd have to figure that out on my own. Surprisingly, the ability to play backups was just a sugar coated frosting on the cake. I really just wanted to play some japan only shooters.

In your particular case though, they probably have some kind of mod you can do to disable region checks. Hardware would most likely be available, but the PS2 firmware has been hacked to the point where you don't need a modchip. Just a USB/Memorycard hack will work. I haven't tried it, because my PS2 is broke (fire) and I just learned about it. Might be worth looking into though.

I used to have a Smart Cart for my old PS1 which slotted into the I/O port on the back, If I remember correctly it had an internal Action Replay and acted as a swap disc for use with imports. (I wonder what happened to it :blink: )

I think I would prefer to keep this system intact as it has some worth and is extremely rare.

I have a Debug PS2 which played any region but doesnt play DVD's,It never has.

Next on my agenda is a Neo Geo AES.

I used to have a Smart Cart for my old PS1 which slotted into the I/O port on the back, If I remember correctly it had an internal Action Replay and acted as a swap disc for use with imports. (I wonder what happened to it :blink: )

I think I would prefer to keep this system intact as it has some worth and is extremely rare.

I have a Debug PS2 which played any region but doesnt play DVD's,It never has.

Next on my agenda is a Neo Geo AES.

That's weird that your PS2 doesn't play DVD's... Most PS2 games WERE DVD's.... Before the fire, my PS2 only played DVD's and on the rare occasion a CD. I don't know, it probably just needed a POT tweak or something to adjust the strength of the laser so it could read CD's better. But that's just weird your's wouldn't read DVD's. CD readability was a KNOWN issue in earlier model PS2's.

Man, after trying to get my PS2 games to emulate on my PC, I really want to go back now and see what I can do about my PS2. I haven't thrown it away yet. I wonder if it would work if I went over it with a fine tooth comb and made sure everything was clean. For the most part, it was covered in ash and debris, with fiberglass insulation tufts inside all the vent holes. I bet I could take it apart and hose it down in the tub and use some compressed air on it and maybe get it working again.

You mean the power/video cables? They're the same cables for the PS1. I recently pulled out my PS1 to play a game and just used the same PS2 cables since my PS1 cables were actually melted and thrown out. I was kinda bummed though that most of my games aren't playable anymore because I had stuck these clear protective anti-scratch plastic label-like things on them. Apparently the glue had an acidic reaction to the metal where the data was stored during the immense heat of the fire, and corrupted all the data. I had about 30 games, and only 2 work. I guess it's down to emulating for those others now. Kinda sucks too cause I was thinking about maybe just selling them to GameStop and not telling them they're damaged... but the cases they came in are warped, and the instruction books and stuff are all water damaged with big wet mold spots on them, and wrinkly paper. They'd never buy them off me. Hehe. I suppose there's always eBay. I wonder if anybody would be interested on there to buy a damaged game that's unreadable. Probably not.