All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx will not start in Windows 8

Capone1212

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

I have just downloaded and installed Game EX and when it tries to launch the application I get the windows has encountered an error message and it won't open.

I tried a fresh install, and a install over the old one, same issue.

I've also done the Setup Wizard and hopefully configured everything ok.

My Mame is working 100%

I have attached the log file for ref.

Hope I can get a solution to the error.

Thanks,

Alex

log.txt

Hi Capone - I split your post from the original as it may not be related the the OP's crash issue. When encountering a bug or error please post your log.txt and gameex.ini file, Information on this can be found here

Hi Capone1212

I believe Draco was referring to the trifecta of useful crash information which includes not only your log, but also your GameEx.ini, and sometimes the contents of your runitgame.bat as well.

Whereas the log (often times) shows what happened at the time of the crash, your GameEx.ini can help us to interpret the conditions which may have led to the crash. Sometimes we encounter situations which are difficult to interpret, so ultimately the more information we can glean about the nature of the error the better.

Thanks man

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized that since this is a Windows based error (you get the 'Windows has encountered an error' message), your Windows Event Viewer may also provide useful details about the nature of this error. That might even be the first place I would check in this particular circumstance.

Thanks Again