All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Centipede

I just tried centipede. Never played it... and I know why XD I suck at this game XD even on easy moe, 1286 points. Soooo... I won't even try to set it to hard LOL :D maybe on another game I'll try my luck, but centipede ... no way :D

Aww come on...

You know you wanna... :)

Yeah some games are just a bit too tough for people. The only reason I started this thread was because my DAD said he's killer at it. When I got him to try it using the "official" rules (hardest) he couldn't do it either. Just for him though I dumbed it down to EASY and he STILL couldn't do it. Hehe. He's gotten rusty since the 80's and doesn't play games anymore. He just couldn't keep up.

But you should at least play it through once on the hardest setting just to get a score to post here. Even if its not the greatest, and you stay at the bottom, you still earn points for the leaderboard.

• 8 months later...

I didn't even see this game on the forum. Therefore, I had to play it. While I prefer (and am better at) Millipede, there's a certain sort of simplicity that I appreciate about this.

Now, for a score that would have been first before KRC's Saturday Night Beast Mode (to recover some leaderboard points from that) -

ExedExes - 39,024

and I know I could possibly do even better at this!

post-25936-0-23230500-1392611442_thumb.p

I've never even tried Red Bull. My brother convinced me to try Monster finally, the Green one is good, I don't like the others. On topic though, good score EE. :)

At the bottom forum's thread list, you can click on LOAD MORE TOPICS to see more on that page, or click the 2 to see the 2nd page. Lots more games to be offered. You can also find a full list easily enough by going to GAMES LIST thread GC created.

Not amazing by any means, but decent for now.

As if this game wasn't hard enough, TG sets the default difficulty to HARD! Although I didn't really see too much of a difference between EASY and HARD. The spider increases speed when the score hits 1000, as compared to 5000. The fleas get fast at 80k on easy and the same on HARD. Nothing else really changes.

post-25790-0-38727100-1392830823_thumb.j

post-25790-0-38449700-1392830861_thumb.j

Not amazing by any means, but decent for now.

As if this game wasn't hard enough, TG sets the default difficulty to HARD! Although I didn't really see too much of a difference between EASY and HARD. The spider increases speed when the score hits 1000, as compared to 5000. The fleas get fast at 80k on easy and the same on HARD. Nothing else really changes.

"Not amazing by any means... :blink: ?" Good enough for claiming the #1 spot. Congratz :)

You and KRC are in a league of your own !!

Didn't notice about the little difference between Easy and Hard settings. We just follow TG's settings ;)

Question: do you play Centipede with a trackball ?

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

"Not amazing by any means... :blink: ?" Good enough for claiming the #1 spot. Congratz :)

Question: do you play Centipede with a trackball ?

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Most definitely! I have an X arcade panel. I got the 'Tankstick',which houses two 8 way happ competition joysticks, 8 buttons per stick, a trackball and a few more odds and ends buttons. It is ideal for me because of all the traveling I do. Some people think I am out of my mind for bringing it in my checked luggage bag when travelling, but I just cannot resist. ;-) It just fits, too!!

• 4 weeks later...

I figured out how to finally use my mouse for this game in MAMEUI, so here be something new.

ExedExes - 46,711

Do you have any tips how to use your mouse with this game ? I'd very much like to know ;)

Updated LB

Do you have any tips how to use your mouse with this game ? I'd very much like to know ;)

Updated LB

In MAMEUI, you just have to right click on the game and select Properties, then enable mouse input in the Controller pad.

My stick doesn't have a trackball, so I just used it as I would one.

post-25936-0-63802300-1395102930_thumb.j

• Like 1

In MAMEUI, you just have to right click on the game and select Properties, then enable mouse input in the Controller pad.

My stick doesn't have a trackball, so I just used it as I would one.

Thanks, this is working great :) Expect a new Burger Time Centipede (duuuh) score pretty soon ;)

• 3 weeks later...