All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Please Help. Cannot dismount SSF games no matter what I do.

UNFORGIVEN II

I'v tried everything I can think of and cannot get virtual drive to dismount with GameEx. I've tried running DTlite by command. I've tried virtualdrive with a lauch after bat and and exe and via command. I've tried it with the Virtual drive plugin and PluginLaunch. I've also tried [VIRTUALDRIVE] and [VIRTALDRIVE]:\ (which doesn't work at all) . [-VIRTUALDRIVE-] which mounts the image but doesn't unmount it. I've also tried all of these commands : "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount dt,0,"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" with "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0 and start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount dt,0,"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" with start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0. I verified that all the commands work outside of GameEx and I am using a Dt drive not a scsi virtual drive.

Below is my current config. Everything else is working great. I would appreciate help with this very much. Thank you.

GameEx.ini

Hmm ... If [-VIRTUALDRIVE-] isn't unmounting the image, I think you have one of two different options.

1. Use a Launch After command. I know you said that you've tried doing this, but let's take a look at that command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

There's nothing inherently wrong with that command, but you may need additional parameters depending on your individual setup.

-unmount

Unmounts an image from a virtual drive.

Syntax: -unmount <type>,<n><type>: "dt" or "scsi"<n>:    device numberExample: DTLite.exe -unmount scsi, 0

source

So in your case you may need to add the type of drive in use (it will be dt or scsi), and you'll need to verify that the disc you're unmounting is running on the 0 drive (as defined by DaemonTools drive enumeration)

You could also just go crazy and just shotgun it ;):

DTLite.exe -unmount_all

2. Another option is to have a go with Adultery's Virtual Drive Loader plugin. It's designed to work in a very similar fashion to the native [-VIRTUALDRIVE-] command in GameEx, but it supports more types of drives and is a bit more robust. That may also do the trick.

Good luck UNFORGIVEN II!

I appreciate your help. But as I said before I've tried all of that. All of the command lines work outside of GameEx but not in GameEx. Unless I'm doing something wrong I've tried Virtual Drive Loader and that doesn't work either. I've been working at this for about 9 hours now. Pretty close to hanging it up. Thank you for your help.

Did you try -unmount_all? Seems like that would be a good approach.

Do you have multiple virtual drives installed?

Are you using a dt drive or a scsi?

Among other things, of the commands you posted at the very least you need a comma between -unmount, 0. So that would be one thing to look at. I'm almost positive that the solution to this issue will involve a subtle difference like that.

Just out of curiosity, what does your runitgame.bat look like?

Sometimes you need to take a break. I betcha with a fresh set of eyes you'll have this thing licked in no time. :)

If you look at my first post you'll see that I did. Anyway, I decided to add a scsi drive just for the heck of it and used ""C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount scsi, 0,"[RomPath]\[RomFile]"" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount scsi, 0. Which also worked for MagicEngine v1.1.3 (after specifying Pce.exe -cd:K in the commandline and using Monkeys Audio to decompress the ape files back to wav), which I had a problem with ( and gave up on a long time ago, at least until today) trying to use the dt drive as well. So it looks like I'm all set. Thank you nullPointer and fRequEnCy for your help. It is very appreciated. Now after Almost 13 hrs. I'm going to go have a nap lol. Thanks again.