All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How do i remove Control Panel

nightscreams

When i start a game, a pic of a control panel appears saying press F10 ingame to view this. Yeah, how do i remove that, i can't seem to isolate that particular option in the vast sea of options Gamex has.

Also, i noticed screensavers seem to beable to bypass the Rom Boot information...like "checking ram" ..etc. when a Mame Rom runs.. Is there a way i can bypass that when starting a game?

Hi nightscreams and welcome to the GameEx forums!

When i start a game, a pic of a control panel appears saying press F10 ingame to view this. Yeah, how do i remove that, i can't seem to isolate that particular option in the vast sea of options Gamex has.

You can disable this feature on the Enable / Disable Features screen in the Setup Wizard. It's enables or disabled using the Enable Panel Viewer setting.

Also, i noticed screensavers seem to beable to bypass the Rom Boot information...like "checking ram" ..etc. when a Mame Rom runs.. Is there a way i can bypass that when starting a game?

There's probably an app out there that can stay resident long enough for the ROM to load completely. I always seem to miss someones app when I start listing apps like this but you might investigate one of the following CPWizard, Game Info Plugin, Marquee Magician, or an application along those lines. Most of those are designed to run on a secondary monitor, but you might be able to get them to run on the primary monitor while the ROM loads. Be aware that some ROMs take longer to load than others though.

I know this can be enabled using Cabmame or Groovymame. The game is started and bypasses the NAG and BOOT screen. It's pre-compiled.

Then again: when you have problems with these programs you have to visit the forum of Cabmame or Groovymame. At the gameEx-forum we presume you're using mame which can be found on mamedev.org Compiled or not doesn't matter. Correct me if I am wrong guys...:)

Correct. While some of the more experience members may opt to help if they are familiar, the GameEx team recognizes and supports the efforts of MAMEDev and their official buiilds and is better equipped to troubleshoot issues with such, especially interactions with the official builds through the GameEx front end.