All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx won't launch WORKING ROMS (but I can launch them from MamePlus! no problem)

Damon

I know we are not supposed to talk about where we get roms, but I could appecaite some hints as to how to locate a specific rom (generic) that would work with a specific version of mame.... I'm not sure where to start on that.

Unfortunately, such hints are not be found or provided n the GameEx forums. For that, you are on your own. Sorry.

Also, still can't find that Reload Game List command again in GameEx... hm, any hints? I feel like it must be under my nose.

At the end of the main Mame list of options called Update List.

Also, still can't find that Reload Game List command again in GameEx... hm, any hints? I feel like it must be under my nose.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. It appears at the bottom of you MAME menu in GameEx. Assuming a default menu structure:

Mame > (Scroll all the way down) > Update List

Regarding the problematic ROM, I'd be much more interested to see what happens when you follow the troubleshooting instructions adding a pause to runitgame.bat (especially if the console contains any additional error information).

Auditing your ROMs is a very good habit to get into because it helps you rule out a whole plethora of issues before you even attempt to run games in MAME. In this case it does seem like your ROM is probably in good shape for your version of MAME, but it never hurts to verify. I'd try the runitgame.bat thing, before auditing your ROMs though, particularly if you've never used ROM auditing software. Learning the ropes of the auditing software can be a whole separate project.

Well, the pros were right.... I used a rom auditor and although I don't fully understand how it works, that particular game was showing up as problematic and having missing parts. So good on you guys!

Many thanks for all the help!