All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Merge Sets option not working

jombee

If I have "merge sets" option as "Yes" in any emulator, it works as far as the game list is concerned, but when I go to the next screen after selecting a game, the games name is "blue" (not white) and it cannot be selected to play. I figured this out by trial and error since my previous post was never really resolved.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12502-resolved-problem-with-a-few-game-lists-and-themes-after-updates/

I am a registered user, and my log and ini are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Hi jombee,

You've caught me just as I'm on my way out the door, but can you tell us a bit more about your sets? I think you may be misusing the combination of Merge Sets, and Games in Zip/7-Zip/GoodMerge in some instances.

Merge Sets will work with sets that are GoodMerged (for instance) without the need for an additional flag denoting that the games are zipped. The Games in Zip/7-Zip/GoodMerge flag is pretty much for the express purpose of telling GameEx to unzip an archive prior to running it in an emulator. You can use those two settings in combination, but it's a pretty specific circumstances that would necessitate it.

Just a thought.

Hi jombee,

You've caught me just as I'm on my way out the door, but can you tell us a bit more about your sets? I think you may be misusing the combination of Merge Sets, and Games in Zip/7-Zip/GoodMerge in some instances.

Merge Sets will work with sets that are GoodMerged (for instance) without the need for an additional flag denoting that the games are zipped. The Games in Zip/7-Zip/GoodMerge flag is pretty much for the express purpose of telling GameEx to unzip an archive prior to running it in an emulator. You can use those two settings in combination, but it's a pretty specific circumstances that would necessitate it.

Just a thought.

Merge sets is where the problem is. The merge sets option states that it removes all the clones, regions, hacks, etc from the main game list. My Sega Genesis list is huge without this option on and when the option is on, the list is reduced by 75 percent. This all goes back to my previous post listed above, but was never resolved.

Can you provide the emulator number(s) that are impacted?

Currently I only have the option on in one enabled emulator: Emu 5 (sega genesis). I've either removed it from the other emu's, or disabled them completely.

If I have "merge sets" option as "Yes" in any emulator, it works as far as the game list is concerned, but when I go to the next screen after selecting a game, the games name is "blue" (not white) and it cannot be selected to play. I figured this out by trial and error since my previous post was never really resolved.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12502-resolved-problem-with-a-few-game-lists-and-themes-after-updates/

I am a registered user, and my log and ini are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay, I figured it all out. When merged sets are on and you select a game from the main list, all the other versions, regions, clones, etc are listed below the usual spot where you would usually select "play this game" from the next screen. You are given the choice to select whichever version you prefer. Maybe I should update GameEx more than once a year! Please mark this resolved and thanks for all the help!