All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Is it possible to put GameEx into Borderless Full Screen window mode?

eatfreshsub

My cab is part of my HTPC setup, and its pretty annoying having GameEx go into the taskbar every time you click off screen, is there anyway around this? I've tried using the windowed mode in the SetupWizard and changing my resolution to 1920x1080, but GameEx always launches in a small window, and when expanded it falls out of windowed mode. The way I would like to have it, is to just have GameEx borderless windowed and fully expanded.

Thanks.

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information.

Not knowing how you have things setup, you may want to clue us in on your video card, etc. in addition to the files requested. So far as I know, you are the only one I have seen so far experiencing this issue as it runs fine for me in borderless full screen window mode.

At some point you must have added something or started to add something in the 30th position.. Check your DATA folder and delete anything showing EMU_30 in the file name.

Not seeing any issues in the gameex.ini that give a clue, however, would recommend that you set it to full screen via Setup Wizard at 1920x1080 (of course, make sure the theme you are using is of the same size. May I ask why you have Display on Secondary enabled? Some information about your video and monitor(s) might be needed to try to help further.

I'm using an ATI XFX 5850 on the latest non beta drivers. I'm using a 47" 3D TV and a 24" benq LCD monitor (connected through a VGA to DVI converter temporarily) for the cab. The TV is connected through a 5.1 receiver using HDMI, there's no real reason as to why its my primary monitor, other than the task bar wont stay on my TV when I power cycle my receiver, unless its set to primary. Its fine if I change it, I'm sure I can use display fusion or some other app to mirror the task bar on both monitors. The cab I'm going to be using to house everything isn't completely setup currently, so its just more comfortable to have everything launch on the TV as default. Nothing is really set in stone currently.

I use Display Fusion with good results. What you may want to do is try displaying GameEx on your primary monitor and see if you have the same problems with full screen.

Yea I changed Run on Secondary Monitor to no, but Windowed/Full Screen keeps reverting to Full Screen, I have no idea why this is happening, I've tried editing it in gameex.ini and the GameEX Setup Wizard, but it just stays Full Screen. I've tried running GameEx Setup Wizard in admin mode and still nothing :/, its not marked as read only and ill try rebooting and changing it before I launch anything else, cant do that for a bit however as I've got something running atm.

Dumb question, have you tried using the keyboard keys: [ALT]+[ENTER] to go into full screen? That always works for me, and it saves it. You can also right click the shortcut and in the properties tell it to run in a maximized window...

• Like 1

Maybe:

[General]

AllowWindowResize=True

Alright this is what was preventing windowed mode, however there's still no way to maximize the screen without it changing to full screen mode, which makes GameEx minimize if you click off the screen. I've tried making it so GameEx will make the res 1920x1080 but that does nothing, for windowed mode at least.

Dumb question, have you tried using the keyboard keys: [ALT]+[ENTER] to go into full screen? That always works for me, and it saves it. You can also right click the shortcut and in the properties tell it to run in a maximized window...

Alt+Enter works now that I've changed AllowWindowResize=true, it didn't before however, I also added -window to the end of the shortcut which did nothing.

I'm still looking to remove the window border and maximize the window, however windowed mode does work now, thanks guys.