All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Thoughts on adding Kinect capabilities to GameEx?

Adultery

Hey everyone!

I just picked up the Kinect SDK from DreamSpark while I was in there getting Server 2012 Datacenter, and have been poking around in the code. If I decide (and that's a maybe) to use the SDK to make an unofficial plugin for controlling GameEx's menu with it, would anyone be interested in using it?

I'm not making any promises here, but it looks like I can probably achieve this pretty easily, but the plugin would have to be downloaded manually due to licensing restrictions.

Thoughts / concerns / suggestions?

• Like 1

Ahh I wasn't thinking about HTPCs. Very good idea. :) No starbuck, this will be for GameEx menu navigation only. Aditionally I might have to ask Tom for a favor to make it work. I'm not sure yet.

Interested to see what you come up with while poking! :D I don't personally have a kinect but i do find it a fascinating piece of kit.

Here's one off the top of my head (though it will probably need implementing into the theme engine itself first) is to be able to scroll through your media inside the "image1" box on game info page. In other words you select a game from your list, the game info page is displayed, usually with a snap in image1, then you can flip through the media for that game (title, boxart, marquee etc) using a wave gesture of some sort, all while staying inside the image1 box :) Would be seriously cool and no doubt you could if anyone can! Becoming a fan with all your plugins recently Sir - ya on fire bro B)