All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] Please welcome our newest Elite member Hansolo77

Draco1962

Please join me in welcoming our newest Elite member Hansolo77! It is my honor to announce your elevation to Elite member status.

You have long been a member in the GameEx forums and have graced us with your contributions - both personal and from experience. I know much adversity has come your way since you first joined, but you keep on going and growing through it all. Thanks from all of us for toughing it out and being a valuable member of the GameEx family!

Before we hand you the key to the Executive Washroom, there is one question that must be answered: What is the internal temperature of a tauntaun? :P

• Like 3

Congratulations Han! :D

You're the newest Elite Member who's been in our family almost longer than all of us. As an elder statesman of the GameEx community this has been a long time coming my friend! Thanks for being a true stalwart of our little family, and setting an example for all the young'uns to live up to. After all you've been through I'm relatively convinced that you're indestructible. That alone warrants the title of elite.

Thanks for all you do!

Most congrats! As a "lingerer" for a while i always read your posts and agreed with them. You epitomise the struggle between good and bad - i like when you are good - i love when you are bad :P

From a Padawan to a Jedi - I hope to serve you one day *bows*

Thanks guys! KRC; that thong would look sick on me (not the good kinda sick). I always considered myself more or less an honorary member of the elite class. Never really spoke up about wanting it or anything. I'm glad to help out when I can and when it IS something I can. Back when I was member of the month, I noticed some links back to some threads I had started a long time ago about the proper way to setup different emulators and configure them to work in GameEx. I had never really completed that (I had a checklist going for it). Maybe now that I'm elite status I should consider going back in and re-addressing them and finishing them up proper. I dunno. Work takes a lot out of me, and I rarely have time to participate much in the gaming aspects of which GameEx was built upon. As you can see in my signature, I haven't played anything new since I setup Dolphin and was expirementing with different games on it. In fact, I haven't even ran GameEx in probably 3-4 months. I know thats probably the last thing you wanna hear from a guy who just got promoted, but I feel like I need to justify myself. There's still a lot of work to do on my own adoption of the emulator setup and I haven't forgotten about it. I really want to get back in there and play more games, Lord knows I have enough to keep me busy till I die. :) But I will never leave the community here, I think there's a lot of good people who can answer just about anything (even if its not GameEx related) and I'm glad to consider myself a part of it.

- Aaron

ps; Tauntaun's are actually about the same temperature as humans. They're mammals, which means they're warm blooded, but they don't really do well in the cold. They actually get warm by breathing in air through the 2 main nostrils of their 4 nostril noses, and the nostrils warm up the air. For more great details, check out the Star Wars Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tauntaun For a simpler answer, maybe this will answer your question:

XSVlS.png

• Like 1

ps; Tauntaun's are actually about the same temperature as humans. They're mammals, which means they're warm blooded, but they don't really do well in the cold. They actually get warm by breathing in air through the 2 main nostrils of their 4 nostril noses, and the nostrils warm up the air. For more great details, check out the Star Wars Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tauntaun For a simpler answer, maybe this will answer your question:

Well played Mr. Solo ... but riddle me this: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? :huh:

Also from one Aaron to another, please let me congratulate you on having a kick ass name my good sir. :D

An African or Euopean swallow? Heh classic Monty Python. I gotta go back and watch my DVD's... I got Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and Meaning of Life. But to answer your question, its a simple question of weight ratios. Somebody actually did a study and report about it: http://style.org/unladenswallow/ But thats just getting White and Nerdy http://youtu.be/N9qYF9DZPdw