All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Help on error sound when exiting Project64 1.6 Emu for GameEx

JCGamer

I like to know if anyone had this problem before when you exit the Project64 1.6 emulator and error sound when exiting. can somone please explaing to me slow and easy.here my setup I sure you I know that I setup the path right way.I just dont understand why I am gettng this wierd error sound from exting the emulator. here my setup

win1_zpsde999021.png

It may not be (directly) a GameEx issue. Did you test this by running the emulator outside of GameEx to see if the error sound occurs? Also, whenever you have an error, please attach copies of your log.txt file and gameex.ini. Thanks.

Presently you are using version 12.98. We have since had a new version released. While the update may not resolve your immediate issue, please upgrade your install and report back either way. Thanks!

Presently you are using version 12.98. We have since had a new version released. While the update may not resolve your immediate issue, please upgrade your install and report back either way. Thanks!

omg......okay I hope I dont face the same music agian I try that and I hope you can help me find the problem if gamex 12.99 dont work

sorry I redid everything I removed the GameEX completely and reinstall everything put evertything in own place and still gave me the same problem. :( its like Project64 hate GameEX when I try to exit game. so what should I do in mean time I almost got all the emulator work sep for this problem I cant figure out :(

Nah, GameEx should get along just fine with Project64 1.6. It sounds like Project64 doesn't like the way it's being shut down. I'm closing Project64 in the same way that you are [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close), so I'm relatively sure it's possible to have this running cleanly. I'm wondering is there's some sort of warning that needs to be suppressed within Project64? Does this happen with all ROMs or just for some? Would you mind posting your runitgame.bat after having experienced this error?

Thanks JCGamer

Nah, GameEx should get along just fine with Project64 1.6. It sounds like Project64 doesn't like the way it's being shut down. I'm closing Project64 in the same way that you are [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close), so I'm relatively sure it's possible to have this running cleanly. I'm wondering is there's some sort of warning that needs to be suppressed within Project64? Does this happen with all ROMs or just for some? Would you mind posting your runitgame.bat after having experienced this error?

Thanks JCGamer

yeah that corret Null I am getting an error window after the Game close up but its happen to all the game I did test run on all the games. also can you please tell me where to find the runitgame.bat ? Is in project64 or the gameex folder ? so far your only person been helping me a lot with my issue. I don't know who to turn too

:( its sad me that this happening only to me T.T

The instructions for accessing runitgame.bat are in the How to Ask For Help Thread

4. "Run Last Game",or "RunitGame.bat"

It is important that the last emulator run in GameEx is the one that you are having problems with!

A. Post your "Run Last Game"
or "Runitgame.bat"

Every once in awhile, someone will ask to post the contents of "Runitgame.bat" RunitGame.bat, Is the batch file that GameEx uses to start the emulator, it will show the actual command lines that GameEx is using to start the emulator. To view it, Go to: Start Menu > Program Files > GameEx > Utilities> Run Last Game, and Right click on the icon, and choose "Edit". If Windows wants to know what program to use to open the file, Choose "Select a Program From a List of Installed Programs" Choose "Notepad" from the list. (You may want to make sure that "Use This Program Everytime" is checked.)

Copy and paste the text from Notepad into your next post, by using the keys:
Ctrl + "A" (select all)
Ctrl + "C" (copy)
Ctrl + "V" (paste)

B. Troubleshooting with "Run Last Game"

Follow the instuctions above to open "runitgame.bat" It will look something like this, however, the contents will vary depending on the last emulator that was run in GameEx.

@ECHO OFF

C:
CD "C:\Program Files\Mame0127"
mame.exe 005 -rompath "D:\Mame 0.128 roms"

One way to troubleshoot a problem is to add the word "Pause" at the end of the Runitgame.bat file. When Windows asks "Do you want to save the changes..." Click on "Save". Next, double click on the "Run Last Game" Icon in the Start Menu. This will send the commands again, but the command window will remain open. It may show an error that will help you to understand what is wrong.

If you get this error:
'Emulator name.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
It means that either you have the incorrect name specified for your Emulator.exe, or your working path is incorrect.

If it gives an error that you don't understand, please let us know that you tried this method, and let us know what the error is.

Section A. describes how to post your runitgame.bat, whereas Section B. describes how to troubleshoot using runitgame.bat. I would definitely recommend giving option B a run through to see what happens.

So there's also an error message? :o What does the error message say (if anything)?

The instructions for accessing runitgame.bat are in the How to Ask For Help Thread

Section A. describes how to post your runitgame.bat, whereas Section B. describes how to troubleshoot using runitgame.bat. I would definitely recommend giving option B a run through to see what happens.

So there's also an error message? :o What does the error message say (if anything)?

well its happen so fast that blink of eye and did not give me a chance to read or take picture of it :( happen in spit sec with no warning

here the runitgame.dat but weird is that not showing the error :(

E:

CD "E:\Emulators\Nintendo 64"

Project64.exe E:\Emulators\Nintendo 64\Roms\Super Mario 64.zip

omg Null check this out okay. I went back to the Advance Config > [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close) < turn out that this setting keep screwing me over because the error come and goes but the error keep popping when Advance Config > [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close) come to play so what I did was I tamper with all the Advance Config setting and most all setting keep giving me the error. I keep playing with it to see if keep acting up. so what I did was I set the *show desktop= false* > Advance Config > [Mapping Off] ESC< and BOOM no error and no sound error of any kind. after doing a lot setting with this problem and turn out that in the end the game can close with out no annoying window or weird error

so in case someone had same problem as me the best way to fix the problem by doing it this way. maybe will work other ppl but sure did work for me. I had no problem at all. there will be 4sec delay when game is close but the error wont show up or having a annoying window popping up *jc dancing happily*

show desktop = false

Advance Config = [Mapping Off] Exit (ESC)

Awesome JCGamer! Well done man.

It's funny because I was just now this second writing a suggestion to try [Mapping Off] Exit (Alt+F4). Good stuff. I wouldn't have guessed that the Show Desktop setting would have had an impact, but stranger things have happened. Glad you got it figured out.

Awesome JCGamer! Well done man.

It's funny because I was just now this second writing a suggestion to try [Mapping Off] Exit (Alt+F4). Good stuff. I wouldn't have guessed that the Show Desktop setting would have had an impact, but stranger things have happened. Glad you got it figured out.

Man Null when u said: Nah, GameEx should get along just fine with Project64 1.6. It sounds like Project64 doesn't like the way it's being shut down. RIGHT THUR brah that was my problem. plus side note turn out that glade64 dont got ham with Game Ex with Enu cuase the window loading the texture take long time and so what I did was I removed dat thin and say I go ham on dat jago video plugin and stick with the original style of game look. well I gonna work on my next project that turbo Grafx 16 and CD style. I saw couple cool setting I gonna try out. and work my way to dream cast after dat. I hope and pray I don't encounter no problem >.<

LOL! You are into emulation, right? You will have problems! But, as you get better acquainted with each, you will probably find yourself resolving more on your own and telling others how to fix them. At least that is how it seems to work for me. Glad you got it sorted out!

• Like 1

LOL! You are into emulation, right? You will have problems! But, as you get better acquainted with each, you will probably find yourself resolving more on your own and telling others how to fix them. At least that is how it seems to work for me. Glad you got it sorted out!

Hear hear - the stumbling blocks and constant tinkering to find solutions is a major part of the allure or appeal for me! If all this was as easy as 1-2-3 i doubt i would be anywhere near into it as i am ;)

Glad you sussed it and sniffed this one out yourself JCGamer - good job!

Hear hear - the stumbling blocks and constant tinkering to find solutions is a major part of the allure or appeal for me! If all this was as easy as 1-2-3 i doubt i would be anywhere near into it as i am ;)

Glad you sussed it and sniffed this one out yourself JCGamer - good job!

Dazzle thanks man its just this so new to me with this version *jc crying happily*

Im not well gifted as you or the other but I do try the best I can.there long road head of me

Im not well gifted as you or the other but I do try the best I can.there long road head of me

Just remember to enjoy the journey and you'll do just fine. ;)

Edited by nullPointer
This topic has been marked as RESOLVED and is now closed. Please begin a new thread if you are experiencing any similar issues