All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Please keep Hattiesburg, Mississippi in your thoughts today

Draco1962

All - Please keep Hattiesburg, Mississippi in your thoughts and prayers today. This is home to member thurmansevolution and was hit by a strong tornado last night and the town is awakening to major damage today.

Here's hoping that he, his family, and others are safe and escaped with minimal impact due to these severe storms.

• Like 1

Thank you for all your prayers, thoughts, and concerns :)

Luckily, here in Hattiesburg, so far there have been no reported deaths - only injuries, but there is a lot of storm damage. Me and my family were extremly blessed during this. Earlier on the local news here, they were showing the path of the tornado; we knew we were close, but I didn't really realize how close until I seen the path. Our house was about less than a half mile away from the tornado as it crossed where I-59 met Hwy 98 (Hardy Street). Luckily, none of us were injured, and there was no property damage in our neighborhood, other than a few limbs down. (and there was no damage to my arcade cab lol ;) )

I would have took some pics or video of it from our house, but due to the extremety of the tornado and how close it was, I hunkered everyone in our house inside the innermost bathroom. Here is a video I found on youtube of it though:

http://youtu.be/pV7mEHefa4E

Thank you again for your thoughts and concerns, and I'm happy to be apart of the GameEx family :)

LC

• Like 1

I'm happy to hear that you and your family are safe and sound thurmansevolution. It's been quite a few years since I lived in tornado country, but I definitely know how intense it can be to have a tornado in the area. My thoughts and prayers are still with the residents of your fair city, but I'm relived to hear that you're doing alright. Keep on truckin' man! :)

• Like 1

Amazing as it may seem to those living further north, "Tornado Season" varies in the U.S., with February through April being the peak for activity in the Southeast. The end of the year - October through December is a mini-season for the Southeast (see, we have more than one season here!) for tornadic activity as the jet stream begins its ascent further north. Of course, tornadoes can strike any time if the year if conditions are right and have occurred in all 50 states.

• Like 1

I gotta agree - we have two seasons. Here, Its usually when the weather changes from warm to cold, or vice versa (although we can have it anytime throughout the year). Thank you all again, for all the warm thoughts and prayers.

For the past couple of days, I've been volunteering to help clean up debris from Petal, MS (which is a subarb north east of Hattiesburg which was very hard hit). My fience works at a doctor's clinic there as an RN, and one thing that kinda took me away for a moment was that the city block the doc's office sat on appeared to be untouched....one block (and further) down was nothing but leveled homes, and an occisional part of a wall. - kinda shows ya how unpredictable the power of Mother Nature can be.

I may be off and on here a little less for the time being - I set all my projects for the year aside so that I can spend most of my weekends with Hattiesburg's Habitat for Humanity. Gonna show them what a roll of duct tape can do lol.

Thanks again!

LC

• Like 2

I think it’s great that you’re fighting the good fight and pitching in to help your community LC. You take care of what’s truly important, and we’ll be here when you stop by for a visit. Don’t forget to keep us posted on your impending nuptials as the date draws near! We want to hear all about the big event!

I agree. It's always nice to help the less fortunate when you yourself weren't as directly affected. It shows real character and telling people about it lets me know more about the kind of person you are. This is why I love this community. When we had the fire a few years ago, I got a lot of support from you guys, and a couple of you donated to my paypal account to help with costs of replacing things (like my shoes that I finally replaced a few weeks ago). Its always sad to hear of things happening to people when it's outside their control, but also nice to hear when people do something positive about it. Keep up the good work pal and let us know how things go.