All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcade Joystick preference?

MNMax21

Hey all,

When I built my arcade, I did not have a great deal of knowledge when it came to 4-way and 8-way controllers. I loved fighting games back in the day, so I went with the HAPP Competition 8-way controller. However, the thing is pretty poor with games that utilized the 4-way model. I am wondering what you guys might recommend in regards to a good joystick that switches between 4-way and 8-way fairly easily and would be an under mount that fits a 3/4" thick panel. I found the Mag-Stik Plus over at Ultimarc.com. That one looks very nice and seems to fit what I'm looking for. I am just a little hesitant on the $35 price tag I guess. Any recommendations??

Thanks!

Mag-Stik-Plus..... there is nothing wrong with it. you can change from 4-8-4 on the fly. if you wish, while playing. good quality, but hardly to mod, if you want that blinky blinky balltop. otherwise a very good choice, i have two of them, in my own cab and i am satisfied :D. the dimensions are pretty nice and they will fit nearly everywhere ;).

also the servostick is a good choice, i first wanted them, but they are more expensive and didnt fit well in my CP ( i have future plans with it, otherwise they would fit with no problem).