All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Screen recording on Win XP,Win 7 and Win 8!

Krakerman

Just found this amazing piece of software for game recording and snapshots. This program even records and takes snaps of the metro ui unlike Fraps. It also supports multi-monitor so you can take a snaphot of your screen on any monitor if you want as well, very cool!

So yes it works on Win 8 and has much more options to config if you like as well. Check it out!

It's called Action! and it's made by Mirillis.

• Like 2

I would not be suprised if it does as this thing is what Fraps should of been. It will even lock the FPS but not change the FPS of the game itself which Fraps doesn't do.

Fraps will lock the FPS but it also locks the FPS of the game too. A bigtime advantage Action! has over Fraps. So on Action! if you have a game running say at 120 FPS as an example but you record at 60 FPS the game will still run at 120 FPS but record the video at 60 FPS. How cool is that.

I notice that there's also a free Lite version. Do you know if that version includes any sort of screen recording functionality Krak? (Sorry, I couldn't locate a comparison of features for each version)

Edit:

Nevermind; I'm an idiot. The product page for Action! links to the completely separate product page for Splash Lite which I mistook for a free Lite version of Action. So yeah, no free version of Action!, and please disregard the above. :mellow:

Yes there is a demo (free version) of Action! That allows you to use for 30 days fully functional except your videos have a watermark on them. Also in the full version you can create an overlay for your videos if you want to add your own custom watermark to them or not.

Good find Krakerman - i'm eager to try this out as it promises less resource hogging than Fraps but alas i am still on XP. Yeh still hanging on to it lol If anyone who uses Fraps and tries this i would appreciate any feedback - i will grab W7 soon most likely now W8 is out ^^