All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Having some problems

BN1_Soldier

Hi, I'm new here.

Just started using GameEx and I'm really enjoying it, I've set up 5 emulators so far and there working great.

I'm now adding another emulator Nebula for the Neo Geo roms, but I'm having 2 problems.

1. When I use ESC to exit Nebula I get a black screen, but gameex is still running (I can hear it using arrow keys)

2. The rom names are abbreviated e.g ninjamas=Ninja Master's. The abbreviation comes up in gameex, so how do I get the full name (tried re-naming the rom but then nebula doesn't recognise it)

Also any tips for setting up the Sega CD? Its working in Windows with fusion. The roms aren't visable in gameex.

Many thanks in advance.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

SNK Neo-Geo.ini

Hey, Welcome to the forums.

In regards to question 2, you should use a map file that will show the full name of your roms within GameEx, as I didnt see one in your NeoGeo.ini

Ive attached a NeoGeo Map File which needs to be put in the Map Files folder in your GameEx directory then go into the setup wizard then advanced emulator setup for Nebula look for Map File on the settings and put the following Map File there.

Thanks to fRequEnCy for the Map File

Neo-Geo 20091103.zip

Thanks for the welcome.

I installed the Map file you provided and it worked wonders, and I learned something new. so cheers.

As for question 1, I changed the setting to "true" but still getting black screen. Any other suggestions would be really helpful. So annoying using task manager + restarting gameex.

And if someone could point me in the right direction for the Sega CD set up, I didn't see anything in the Command-Lines, and MAP files thread.

Surely its supported by gameex, right?

There's a Nebula map file in there too. Neo-Geo is more tailored for something else. As far as ESC being an issue, it's cuz ESC doesn't exit the emulator in fullscreen mode. An advanced config might be the way to go to close this emulator the way it was intended.

Thanks for your help I've got the neo-geo running up and running perfectly.

But still have a problem with the sega cd, the roms aren't showing up in gameex.

What is the correct way to set up the rom folder? I have it as: C:\Roms\Sega CD\Roms\

Then each rom has its own folder and inside that i have .iso or.bin .cue & .mp3 or .ape

Sega CD.ini

So just to be clear, it sounds like your disc images are not compressed right? If that's correct, try setting the following field to true in the Setup Wizard (located on the Advanced Emulator Setup screen):

Scan Sub Folders= Yes

I imagine that might get you on the right track. After that you'll probably want to tweak your ROM filter settings so that each game has a single entry in the game list (this could also be accomplished via a combination of the ROM filter and the Excluded Files settings).

All sorted now thanks to you guys, much appreciated :)

Loving gameex its a great program with top support, I'll definitely show my support by registering my copy.

I got a question about that... I'm gonna set this up for a gaming cab but also want a copy on my laptop. So would I have to pay the registration fee twice?